How do I update my V2

g0ddj
Novice Class

How do I update my V2

Post by g0ddj »

I always seem to have problems updating versions without having to start again entering all my details, I am trying to update V2.0.1 to V 2.1.0. do I copy the downloaded and unpacked file to the original directory and overwrite the existing. I have tried to install the latest Version but it installs a fresh copy instead of updating the original V2 install.
(Life would be so much easier if there was the option in the menu's to update direct from the website).
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How do I update my V2

Post by NN7D »

Tony,

You just need to run the downloaded install program and it should overwrite your existing install. No need to reenter all your setup information. If this is not occurring, you have something else going on. Is your install on your C:/ drive? Anything unusual about your install setup? In any case, please submit a support request - and email it to Terry - G4POP.

Thanks,
Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
g0ddj
Novice Class

Post by g0ddj »

Thanks Doug, I tried that and it did a clean install over my existing so I have to start all over again... sigh!
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Tony,

clean install means (normally) that the older version was uninstalled b4. What we need ist an update "on the fly".
That means the old installation (including the folders) are not uninstalled. If you download an update you only
have to say "Install as Adminitrator" (must have for multithreading) and for the installation folder you have to use
the folder of the former installation.

We where since month in the alpha phase and we have only had 2 times need for doing a new user setup, that was
a problem of changing somne structures of the settings and/or the database. Have updated the last days from
2.0.0.0 to 2.0.0.1 and now to 2.10.0.0 without any problem.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
g0ddj
Novice Class

Post by g0ddj »

Ok, thanks. I will try that on my next update.