Callsign locator

CT2HUU
Novice Class

Re: Callsign locator

Post by CT2HUU »

KD0ZV wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 17:48 Cant think of anything that could resolve it locally.

I mean you said you could duplicate the issue as well?

Your grid is close (Spot Sim) but not right.
Hi
Slightly off topic, how can I activate the option to see "[QSL BUREAU]" that appears on the image above "[QRZ.COM]"?
Tks
CT2HUU
CT2HUU
Bruno
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Nowhere, the user must have stored that at any external service like HamQTH or qrz.com that
Log4OM can find this information. Most users don´t store this anywhere so the "QSL Bureau"
pops up very rare ...

You may testing with the call DL0AK and it should be there ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

Hi
Tks for the fast reply.
It doesn't show nothing of the QSL BUREAU...
NO BUREAU.JPG
NO BUREAU.JPG (95.46 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
And I have this:
info providers.JPG
info providers.JPG (164.92 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
info providers config.JPG
info providers config.JPG (231.98 KiB) Viewed 3544 times
And I still haven't found if there is any topic for an issue of wrong azimuth and no grid autocomplete, If I'm in a QSO with CT2IMG (we are 4km away) it says that he is 188km on azimuth 190º. If I insert myself, it's the same. CT2HRE, CT2ITD, CT2HTM (witch is north of my position) all the Portuguese stations that i've worked, they all live in the same place, 188km away on azimuth 190º. We all have the correct grid inserted on QRZ.com. For exemple, from my QTH to CT2HTM I should point my antenna to 4.7º (as indicated on QRZ.com) instead of the 190º indicated on Log4OM. If you know how to solve this issue or a better place to post this, let me know, please.
CT2HUU
Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

73 Terry G4POP
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

Hi
Related with "QSL BUREAU" info understood you mean "QRZ - Data, including the image, is only available for paid XML subscribers.". Ok, Tks.

What about de wrong azimuth, it's the same? QRZ.com only gives grid location to paid XML subscribers?

Tks
CT2HUU
Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Correct and correct, suggest you use HAMQTH if you don't want to pay for a QRZ XML subscription
73 Terry G4POP
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

Tks for the sugestion.

I tried and I really get the right grid but only for the callsigns registered in HamQTH, make sense.
But, if I set HamQTH as primary source, I will loose the quick access to those how don't have HamQTH and have QRZ.com and it looks like the vast majority has QRZ.com only.

Any way, unless I'm doing something wrong, I suggest a sequence of priorities. Like, if the callsign has info on HamQTH show it, if not, check QRZ.com. And show all the quick links for QRZ.com and HamQTH profile page.

Tks for the great job that Log4OM does.
CT2HUU
Bruno
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

CT2HUU wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 23:21 Tks for the sugestion.

I tried and I really get the right grid but only for the callsigns registered in HamQTH, make sense.
But, if I set HamQTH as primary source, I will loose the quick access to those how don't have HamQTH and have QRZ.com and it looks like the vast majority has QRZ.com only.

Any way, unless I'm doing something wrong, I suggest a sequence of priorities. Like, if the callsign has info on HamQTH show it, if not, check QRZ.com. And show all the quick links for QRZ.com and HamQTH profile page.

Tks for the great job that Log4OM does.
Bruno,

You can set that request up yourself. Go to: Settings / Configuration / Software Configuration / Info Providers ... You can select your primary and failsale sources there. I've attached a screen clip of my settings below for that item.

As noted, however, you have to have at least an XML Membership with QRZ to get granular data.
Attachments
Info-Providers.JPG
Info-Providers.JPG (81.18 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
CT2HUU
Novice Class

Post by CT2HUU »

Hi Nolan

Understood your suggestion, but what I would like to have is:
-have the right grid and azimuth from my station to the objective station without paying a XML sub. OK, HamQTH do the job if the other station have HamQTH profile, nice. But, for sure most Hams have profile on QRZ.com and don't have on HamQTH. If there's no profile on QRZ.com it won't have on HAMQTH (my personal felling).
-have a quick link to QRZ.com profile page as HamQTH profile page simultaneously, now we can only have from the primary source, if there's info. If we change the primary source to QRZ.com we won't get the grid and azimuth from HamQTH. You can see it bellow:
qrz fail.JPG
qrz fail.JPG (85.62 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
I would like to have both links, is it possible?
I have this settings:
info providers1.JPG
info providers1.JPG (33.46 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
tks
CT2HUU
Bruno
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Bruno.
Doing what you ask would slow the lookup down dramatically and most people that wont/cant pay the dollars for QRZ find HamQTH is adequate.
73 Terry G4POP