V2.3: Unable to delete QSO from database.

va3vf
Advanced Class

V2.3: Unable to delete QSO from database.

Post by va3vf »

Go through all the steps (double click on QSO, click on the garbage can), but QSO is not deleted. Tried again, no deletion.

It worked OK in v.2.2.

73 de Vince
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: V2.3: Unable to delete QSO from database.

Post by KI5IO »

va3vf wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 22:06 Go through all the steps (double click on QSO, click on the garbage can), but QSO is not deleted. Tried again, no deletion.

It worked OK in v.2.2.

73 de Vince
Vince,

I'm guessing you tried these two ways to delete the QSOs? These clips are from the Users Guide.
Attachments
V2-EditQSO-Deletion.JPG
V2-EditQSO-Deletion.JPG (68.54 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
V2-DeleteQSO-F7-Tab.JPG
V2-DeleteQSO-F7-Tab.JPG (69.82 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

KI5IO wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 23:28 Vince,

I'm guessing you tried these two ways to delete the QSOs? These clips are from the Users Guide.
I tried the first method, but not the second.

I have more info. Delete still works, using the first method, if done from the Recent QSO's (F7), but not from the Worked before (F10).

Yet more info. It may be a case of the window not refreshing after the deletion, when done from any other window other than the Recent QSO's (F7). I just closed and re-opened Log4OM, and the QSO's I tried to delete earlier are not there.

So the situation appears to be: delete from Recent QSO's (F7), immediate refresh/update. From other places, a close and open of Log4OM is needed.

Thanks,

Vince
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

va3vf wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 23:49
KI5IO wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 23:28 Vince,

I tried the first method, but not the second.

I have more info. Delete still works, using the first method, if done from the Recent QSO's (F7), but not from the Worked before (F10).

Yet more info. It may be a case of the window not refreshing after the deletion, when done from any other window other than the Recent QSO's (F7). I just closed and re-opened Log4OM, and the QSO's I tried to delete earlier are not there.

So the situation appears to be: delete from Recent QSO's (F7), immediate refresh/update. From other places, a close and open of Log4OM is needed.

Thanks,

Vince
Vince,

WB4 windows are feeds from other sources in the db and thus not set up (as best I can determine) for allowing deletion of QSOs from that screen ... IE: F10 Tab.

Bulk deletion or even single QSO deletion easy from F7 Tab when unlocking the padlock (be careful to relock padlock) or from QSO Edit window.
Plano, TX
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

KI5IO wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 01:51 Vince,

WB4 windows are feeds from other sources in the db and thus not set up (as best I can determine) for allowing deletion of QSOs from that screen ... IE: F10 Tab.

Bulk deletion or even single QSO deletion easy from F7 Tab when unlocking the padlock (be careful to relock padlock) or from QSO Edit window.
I agree, but I only saw those QSO's when looking at the worked b4, as they are nicely grouped together. My impression that it was OK to delete from there was due to the fact that double clicking on the QSO I was presented with the same options as If I was doing it from the recent QSO screen.

Thanks,

Vince
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

va3vf wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 02:08
KI5IO wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 01:51 Vince,

I agree, but I only saw those QSO's when looking at the worked b4, as they are nicely grouped together. My impression that it was OK to delete from there was due to the fact that double clicking on the QSO I was presented with the same options as If I was doing it from the recent QSO screen.

Thanks,

Vince

Vince,

Double-clicking on a QSO in the WB4 F10 opens that QSO in the Edit QSO window ... where you can also delete the Q. The double-click has taken you to the db of QSO Management and thus Edit QSO where you can edit, delete, etc..

If you do that from the F10 Window you would have to repaint the data for F10 by clearing the call sign from the main UI and putting it in again. The refreshed WB4 F10 panel will then will show that the deleted Q is now gone.
Plano, TX