How to Mark QSO as DXCC Submitted?

KA4CDN
Old Man

How to Mark QSO as DXCC Submitted?

Post by KA4CDN »

After I take my QSL cards to a checker, how do I mark those cards as SUBMITTED?
And then, after ARRL checks them, how do I change them to VALIDATED?
Mike / KA4CDN
KA4CDN
Old Man

Re: How to Mark QSO as DXCC Submitted?

Post by KA4CDN »

Still trying to puzzle this out. The manual does discuss all this but I'm just slow figuring it out. See pages around 115 in the 05/02/2020 update of the user manual. Note the description does not exacly match the latest version of the software but still it offers a good explanation.

I think the following is right ..

You need to access the QSOs Edit QSO dialog, and select the "Award Refs." tab. From there I see the DXCC listed bottom left. I select DXCC.

On the right I see the Ref. Status. If I've marked the QSO as QSL received, Ref. Status is CONFIRMED. This is a drop list but I don't think you can use it to change anything. If that is true than I suggest this field should be a TextBox to avoid confusion.

Under that, in the SUBMITTED list I can check the various awards I want the submission to be applied to* and then hit the diskette button to save. Back on the Award table I now see that QSO marked as SUB.

Good! I think ...

* Not clear about about these SUBMITTED and GRANTED lists. WHAT is the difference between DXCC-CW and DXCC_CW, DXCC-RTTY and DXCC_RTTY, DXCC-M and DXCC_MIXED, and DXCC-PH and DXCC_PHONE?

Mike
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KA4CDN wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 15:54 Still trying to puzzle this out. The manual does discuss all this but I'm just slow figuring it out. See pages around 115 in the 05/02/2020 update of the user manual. Note the description does not exacly match the latest version of the software but still it offers a good explanation.

Mike
Mike,

Be sure that your version of V2 is: V 2.3.0.0 ... also force the download of an updated User Guide. Current one is: 09/02/2020 6:10 PM
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Thanks. I do have 2.3.0.0. I force update and now have a manual dated 11/02/2020. It keeps getting better and better. I'm glad I'm not having to write and maintain it. FB fellers.

The section describing this is still a bit out of date with the actual dialogs but that is Ok. It is very helpful.
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Do you know what the various forms of the selections are (DXCC-CW and DXCC_CW, etc)?
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Hi Mike,

The "Submitted" status is gone because the ADIF committee in their infinite wisdom decided it was unnecessary. I think that is just plain stupid, but I don't make the rules. I would love to see the status returned to V2, despite the fact that the ADIF committee decided otherwise. User needs should trump ADIF specs, in my book.

I'll try again with Danielle.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Hi Doug. Thanks for the comments. It is my understanding that V2 does have support for SUBMITTED status. It is discussed in the User's manual and I can set QSOs to that status. I think you might be right that it is not in the ADIF spec and so it is and will continue to be a manual operation.

I'm finding the V2 process confusing but working through it. For example, my question about the DXCC-CW verse DXCC_CW. Not documented. Maybe the same but maybe not?

In Award Management, Confirmation and Validation for Grant Codes DXCC and WAS are different. (The defaults in version 2.3.0.0). Why wouldn't they be the same? DXCC has QSL for Confirmation and LOTW for Validation while WAS has LOTW and QSL for Confirmation and CUSTOM for Validation. [Which for DXCC by the way, is different than what is documented in the User manual. See page 102 in Manual dated 11/02/2020.]

I'm incredibly impressed with the architects, coders and documentation team of this software. The flexibility they've built in appears to be absolutely amazing. The downsides of all that flexibility are debugging all the use cases, effectively communicating how to use the flexibility and then figuring out users' self inflicted operating errors. I'm sure it will get there and I look forward to understanding this new tool they've given us.

Mike
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KA4CDN wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 18:20 Do you know what the various forms of the selections are (DXCC-CW and DXCC_CW, etc)?
Mike,

The "official label" is per the ADIF V3 specification. It has: DXCC_CW in their document. I'm pretty sure that Danielle has DXCC-CW rolled in to cover keyboard input variances or from other APPs providing data that may not follow the ADIF v3 spec to the "T".

The Alpha Team is looking further into this as well.

Here is the URL for the ADIF v3 spec: http://adif.org.uk/306/ADIF_306.htm
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX