Second UDP Port on JTDX

KA1WPM
Advanced Class

Second UDP Port on JTDX

Post by KA1WPM »

Hello OM and YLs!

My desktop computer is a little too old to handle the strain of WSJT-X, JT-Alert, SmartSDR and Log4OMv2 at the same time, so I have pared down to using JTDX, SmartSDR and Log4OMv2. This is light enough load to let me operate FT-8, etc. I'm having one problem that I can't figure out. I have set up the connections as directed in the user manual, but JTDX does not have the secondary udp server field in the setup. So, I can't enable logged contact ADIF broadcast. The callsign is being sent over port 2333, and that works just fine.

I tried the ADIF monitoring, but I think I gummed that up because the number of log entries in my SQL database started increasing while sending previously sent QSOs to QRZ.com. I recovered from that with the backup. :?

In the worst case I can write a new ADIF file from the latest additions to the WSJT_log.adi file and import that into Log4OM, but if there is something else I am missing that would get me around that, I would rather use that. (In the meanwhile, I am looking for a newer computer. :) )

Thanks & 73!
-- Dana, KA1WPM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Second UDP Port on JTDX

Post by KI5IO »

KA1WPM wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 01:48 Hello OM and YLs!

My desktop computer is a little too old to handle the strain of WSJT-X, JT-Alert, SmartSDR and Log4OMv2 at the same time, so I have pared down to using JTDX, SmartSDR and Log4OMv2. This is light enough load to let me operate FT-8, etc. I'm having one problem that I can't figure out. I have set up the connections as directed in the user manual, but JTDX does not have the secondary udp server field in the setup. So, I can't enable logged contact ADIF broadcast. The callsign is being sent over port 2333, and that works just fine.

I tried the ADIF monitoring, but I think I gummed that up because the number of log entries in my SQL database started increasing while sending previously sent QSOs to QRZ.com. I recovered from that with the backup. :?

In the worst case I can write a new ADIF file from the latest additions to the WSJT_log.adi file and import that into Log4OM, but if there is something else I am missing that would get me around that, I would rather use that. (In the meanwhile, I am looking for a newer computer. :) )

Thanks & 73!
Dana,

Methinks you might not be using the most recent Log4OM2 update. Help/About should show a Version 2.3.0.0

Also (very important) go to Help/User Guide and choose English (force update). This will download the most current version of the User Guide.

Then take a look at the Connecting direct to JTDX section starting on Page 140.

Only one UDP connection required and also the ADIF Monitor that is linked to the JTDX ADIF File.

This should get you back in order.

FWIW - this is how I run my FT8 most of the time.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KA1WPM
Advanced Class

Post by KA1WPM »

Hi Nolan,

Thanks for the help. I am using the correct version of Log4OMv2, but I think the user manual was outdated. I just did a force update, and sure enough right around page 140 looks a little different to me tonight.

I will try this again tomorrow. It's fairly close to what I tried yesterday, but I was a little uncertain about the ADIF monitor. I hope and expect that I won't start getting new QSOs in the log by starting the ADIF monitor. Can you tell me what the "Reset currently selected file position" button does?

Cheers,
Dana
-- Dana, KA1WPM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Sets the possition that the ADIF file is read back to QSO number 1 so be careful or you could possibly get dupes

Best way is to make a copy of the JTDX ADIF and store it somewhere different then delete the JTDX ADIF and create a new empty one, that way you cant get dupes.

Then when you have time delete all QSO's from the copied JTDX ADIF that are already in Log4OM and import whats left.

Bit of a circuitous route but its safer
73 Terry G4POP
KA1WPM
Advanced Class

Post by KA1WPM »

Right on the money, Terry. That's exactly what happened. I think for now I have to use the procedure you outlined. I know that works.

73!
-- Dana, KA1WPM