Radio CAT Control

W8QXR
Novice Class

Radio CAT Control

Post by W8QXR »

I am setting up Version 2. When I go to "Connect/CAT/Show CAT Interface" the OmniRig Interface box does not open. I tried closing Log4OM and installing OmniRig but that did not help.
I would appreciate your help.

David Altwies
Lake Geneva, WI
W8QXR
W8QXR
Novice Class

Re: Radio CAT Control

Post by W8QXR »

Problem solved by opening V2 as administrator. I must have opened OmniRig as an administrator.

David Altwies
W8QXR
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Radio CAT Control

Post by KI5IO »

W8QXR wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 22:33 Problem solved by opening V2 as administrator. I must have opened OmniRig as an administrator.

David Altwies
W8QXR
David,

I just answered a post you also had in the Error section. So, I'm not quite sure if this is after that or not.

Anyway OmniRig when used in a multi-threading situation requires to be run with Admin privileges. So ... if you are running WSJT-x or JTDX and also like to have your CAT display visible in V2 all the APPs get along best when run with Admin privileges.

You do not have to 'install' the APPs as an administrator.

In my case I run either WSJT-x or JTDX and start that APP first and without Admin privileges. It also then starts OmniRig (as that is my CAT choice in those APPs) and connects to my rig.

I then start V2 and usually have the CAT turned off when working the FT8 Q's. I have the proper UDP connections made as all that data is fed into V2 and logged and ultimately uploaded to various external sources (LOTW, ClubLog, HamQTH, etc., etc..).

Thus for the most part I don't have a need to run any of the APPs with Admin privileges with my low profile installation. Doesn't work for everyone, but works for me.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX