How do I do a backup to my hard drive and a thumb drive simultaneously?

KW4CQ
Advanced Class

How do I do a backup to my hard drive and a thumb drive simultaneously?

Post by KW4CQ »

How do I go about backing up my log simultaneously to my hard drive and to a thumb drive?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How do I do a backup to my hard drive and a thumb drive simultaneously?

Post by G4POP »

There is provision for backups to different locations in the program configuration/backups tab

Instructions in the user guide

Backup to thumb drive is not a good idea, although you can if you must, its better to have second backup to the cloud
73 Terry G4POP
KW4CQ
Advanced Class

Post by KW4CQ »

G4POP wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:28 There is provision for backups to different locations in the program configuration/backups tab

Backup to thumb drive is not a good idea, although you can if you must, its better to have second backup to the cloud
Thanks Terry but what is "Backup Rotation". I did not see anything in the Guide about that.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KW4CQ wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 18:11
G4POP wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 16:28 There is provision for backups to different locations in the program configuration/backups tab

Thanks Terry but what is "Backup Rotation". I did not see anything in the Guide about that.
Backup is done on program closure to two user specified destinations plus a historic backup regardless of user intervention
73 Terry G4POP