Contest mode questions

KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Contest mode questions

Post by KD0ZV »

Have a couple questions and suggestions (maybe) :)

I normally use N1MM for contesting which I did this weekend for Stew Perry Contest. But I have a friend that is working OK QSO Party mobile so wanted to try Log4OM contest for that.

The first question is I do not understand the green indicators in contest mode. DXCC entity 291 (US) shows CW on 20 and 40 only. On the left in the main Log4OM window you can see it looks much different and should be accurate. So why is contest window different?

As far as suggestions...

I really like the setup for simple contest and will probably use it more. But is there anyway the winkeyer window and contest window can be tied together so when you enter a call in the contest window it shows in winkeyer window?

I would prefer it if I had option not to direct log to a service like QRZ? The reason is in this case my friend is running as N5C but his contact info is his home address in another state. So the address, state and grid is wrong. Be nice to have option in contest mode to disable this auto upload so I can clean that up before uploading.

And finally, there is a "contest received" in the contest mode but you cant turn it on in the log below. In this case the station is going from county to county and I cant see the counties I worked him in.

kd0zv

2020-03-15_9-32-03.gif
2020-03-15_9-32-03.gif (150.93 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team