Single database, mutiple remote operators

m0lmk
Novice Class

Single database, mutiple remote operators

Post by m0lmk »

We're all safe at home and OFCOM has given permission for Special Event Stations to be shared between several operators. My problem is that I need an easy way for each operator to log but also have access to the entire log so they can see what the other operators have worked.

For example,

M1ABC will use the call GB1ABC on one day, G1ABC will use it the next day and G7ABC the day after. I don't want each operator to rely on the operator befor to access the log so having each user export the log and send it is not going to work.

My first thought is that I could configure the portable version of Log4OM, one for each operator who will be using the SES callsign and set up a hosted MYSQL server in a datacenter. Then I can just send the preconfigured program to each operator and away they go!

Does that sound like the best plan?
Matt
M0LMK / KI5GXV
G0HRS - Hilderstone Radio Society
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Single database, mutiple remote operators

Post by G4POP »

m0lmk wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 18:55 We're all safe at home and OFCOM has given permission for Special Event Stations to be shared between several operators. My problem is that I need an easy way for each operator to log but also have access to the entire log so they can see what the other operators have worked.

For example,

M1ABC will use the call GB1ABC on one day, G1ABC will use it the next day and G7ABC the day after. I don't want each operator to rely on the operator befor to access the log so having each user export the log and send it is not going to work.

My first thought is that I could configure the portable version of Log4OM, one for each operator who will be using the SES callsign and set up a hosted MYSQL server in a datacenter. Then I can just send the preconfigured program to each operator and away they go!

Does that sound like the best plan?
Store the SQLite file on Dropbox, Google drive or similar, see details in the user guide (Search on dropbox)
73 Terry G4POP
m0lmk
Novice Class

Post by m0lmk »

Does that require the operator to download the file before they start logging?

Just seen that it also requires Dropbox installed on the operators machine. I would like to avoid having to install anything so MYSQL looks like the way to go.
Matt
M0LMK / KI5GXV
G0HRS - Hilderstone Radio Society
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No they just need dropbox on their computer and then in Log4OM open the database from dropbox

Dropbox shares and synchronises files between each computer automatically
73 Terry G4POP