CQ Zone "0"

WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Re: CQ Zone "0"

Post by WB8ASI »

Jim, I do have it setup for JTAlert to log to Log4OM. I thought you meant there was someway to enter the callsign directly into JTAlert for logging. ...but my earlier test did not log the correct 8 4 that was contained in JTAlert.
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

Another WB2UBW test: Turned External Sources to "None" for Running and History. Logged from WSJTX and got 6 0. Updated with globe and got 8 5. Turned External Sources back on for both Running and History. Logged from WSJTX and got same 6 0. Updated with globe and got same 8 5. Looked in JTAlert Log Fields and see the correct 8 4. It's not coming across for me. Totally confused. 73 Herb WB8ASI
Herb,

I see what happened in your test. When Jim and I did this, we shut off the External lookups like this,
Providers.png
Providers.png (6.95 KiB) Viewed 5470 times
Not by setting them to None in the configuration tab.

If you attempt to turn off the external sources in the configuration tab, that doesn't appear to do anything. In my earlier testing I discovered that a QSO coming from WSJT-X/JTAlert does not use the priority sequence from the Configuration tab. It just flat does a lookup regardless of what is or isn't in the priority list. If you are setup for QRZ, you'll get 6 0. If HAMQTH, you get 8 4.

If you disable the lookups the way Jim and I did, you should get 8 4 but will notice no County, Name, QTH etc in Log4OM. If those fields are filled in, there has to be a lookup happening somewhere along the way.
73 - Tom NS8K
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Just noticed another CQ=0. Running LOG4OMv2, WSJTX 2.1.2, JTAlert 12.16.5, Win10 64 bit. Just worked N4PDV on 15m FT8. V2 Main UI shows him in grid FM06bc ITU=8 CQ=5. Zone-check.eu reports that this is correct. Upon completion of the QSO it is logged with the same correct grid, however it is logged as ITU=6 CQ=0. Using the globe icon to update the QSO returns it to the correct ITU=8 CQ=5. I usually don't pay much attention to Zones, but now looking back in my log I find what appears to be lots of mislogged QSOs relating to zones. Assuming the Grid is correct, does anyone know of a database somewhere that references Gridsquares to its corresponding ITU and CQ Zones so I can start cleaning things up???? Thanks 73 Herb WB8ASI
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Another example of Zone Problems.....also posted on HamApps Support Group: This Zones thing is driving me crazy. Not sure where data is coming from. Just finished QSO with N3BNA. All agree Grid is FN10uf. Log4OMv2 has location as ITU/CQ as 8/5, and so does JTAlert as 8/5, but logged QSO is 6/0. All captured on attached pic. 73 Herb WB8ASI P.S. PIc is too big. WIll followup when I figure out how to down size.
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Pic for above comment:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (194.95 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Herb,

As I mentioned in the HamApps forum, if there are lookups being done in Log4OM, those lookups seem to overwrite the info that is sent from another source - WSJT-X / JTAlert, etc. If the info is not in the lookup source (QRZ, etc), Log4OM either enters a zone that exists in that country or a "0". I think it would be helpful if Log4OM would NOT overwrite what comes in from WSJT / JTAlert (or whatever other program might be involved).

Of course, one solution to this is to not have any lookups done (my choice), or use another source if you really want the other info from the lookups. HamQTH seems to have more zones than QRZ - don't know why.

Jim N6VH
w4pg
Novice Class

Post by w4pg »

Just today I finally configured WSJT-X to log directly to LOG4OM using the UDP inbound function. While operating FT8, I noticed every DX contact returned the CQ zone as 0, while the ITU zone appears correct. Doing a refresh corrected the CQ zone. I only use QRZ XML for lookups as my primary source. "Normal" operating via SSB/CW all works just fine. I have not noticed any zone issues. Only when on FT8 and logging with WSJT-X.

.............Bob W4PG
Log4om.PNG
Log4om.PNG (19.48 KiB) Viewed 4756 times
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

The Zone Problem continues. Just worked KN4VWA. Main V2 UI shows ITU 8 CQ 5. JTAlert shows ITU 8 CQ 5. Logged QSO shows ITU 6 CQ 0. Switched to HamQTH from QRZ and logged again, and this time got the correct ITU 8 CQ 5. Will stick with HamQTH for awhile as it has been suggested that for some reason it has more Zones in the database. Wondering why the logged QSO zones are being overwritten from what appears in the Main window? Log4OM has the correct data, and then doesn't use it. Do I have the Info Provider priorities set up wrong? 73 Herb WB8ASI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please wait for next release where I feel sure we have overcome the zone issue
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

G4POP wrote: 11 May 2020, 04:28 Please wait for next release where I feel sure we have overcome the zone issue
Terry,

I am glad to see this. In the Feature suggestions part of the forum, I have added my thoughts to dealing with the zone issue. As I said there, it might be too late for the next version, or they might already be in the next one. Any any rate, just my thoughts. Here's the link:

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5402

Jim N6VH