Copying/syncing to second PC

G4IUA
Advanced Class

Copying/syncing to second PC

Post by G4IUA »

I know this has been discussed before but I wanted a definitive solution:

Second PC with Log4OM v2 installed. I intend synchronising the 2 PCs using OneDrive.
Questions are:

I've found the .sqlite file created from the original PC in OneDrive. Presumably in User Configuration/Database I just point to this?
Do I need to import the 'adif file, or is all this information included in this database file (I assume so)? Will all the Software Integration/Connections data etc. be included on the new PC and are there other files I'll need to import? Obviously I want the same layout, WSJT-X, PSTRotator setups and it would be a pain having to do all these manually again.

Sorry if this is being repeated, but I want to be 100% sure everything is going to work correctly!

Jeff - G4IUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Copying/syncing to second PC

Post by G4POP »

Just open the sqlite file from each log4om v2 installation by file/open database

Download the latest user guide and see the instruction for replicating your set up on a new pc, it's at the end of the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Thanks Terry. My remaining question is regarding the config file (config.json). Seems this is saved along with the .adi in the backup file. So I don't have to manually enter all the details on the new PC how do I ensure this data is passed on? If it is in the user guide I'm afraid I can't see it.

Jeff - G4IUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Jeff,
The backup files are for a fundamental restore

You are trying to replicate your system on a second computer so the instructions in the LATEST user guide and our FAQ section on this forum are what you should follow - Page 174 states:

Transferring Log4OM set up to another PC
To replicate the configuration of an existing Log4OM installation including the field arrangements in grids
and cluster.
Copy the contents of the 'USER' folder C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\user to the
same folder on the other machine

That folder contains ALL of your set up files including the config.json - Once transferred and the program is restarted it should be a replica of the original computer.
73 Terry G4POP