Help! Omni Rig 2.0 not supported?

K5CKS
Advanced Class

Help! Omni Rig 2.0 not supported?

Post by K5CKS »

I just uninstalled Omni Rig 1.9 and installed Omni Rog 2.0. Now I can't get my CAT interface to work in Log4OM. Any ideas?
Thanks & 73,
Rory, K5CKS
K5CKS
Advanced Class

Re: Help! Omni Rig 2.0 not supported?

Post by K5CKS »

Thank You Vincenzo! I have uninstalled 2.0 and re-installed 1.9 and everything is working again. Still having a problem when double click on a cluster spot that changes band AND mode. It will get the frequency wrong every time and I have to click the spot again to get the correct frequency. I don't understand this problem but hoped that an update to ver 2.0 Omni Rig would fix it.
Ciao & 73,
Rory, K5CKS
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

K5CKS wrote: 05 May 2020, 17:42 Thank You Vincenzo! I have uninstalled 2.0 and re-installed 1.9 and everything is working again. Still having a problem when double click on a cluster spot that changes band AND mode. It will get the frequency wrong every time and I have to click the spot again to get the correct frequency. I don't understand this problem but hoped that an update to ver 2.0 Omni Rig would fix it.
Ciao & 73,
Rory, K5CKS
Rory,

We have commented many times here on the Forum that the Swiss-built OmniRig 2.0 has many problems and developer has not made any steps to resolve the issues in his APP. OMs can try and use, but it is at their own risk. Log4OM does not support that release of OmniRig ... only the original APP that is now at a v 1.9 release as you have in place.

Depending upon your rig you may have to 'fine-tune' the ini file to handle how that rig responds to commands via OmniRig. Many posts on Forum about such various tweaks from several OMs.

Also ... take a look at: Configuration / CAT interface and consider enabling the Send MODE before FREQ to radio option. Save, restart V2 and give that a try.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

K5CKS wrote: 05 May 2020, 16:02 I just uninstalled Omni Rig 1.9 and installed Omni Rog 2.0. Now I can't get my CAT interface to work in Log4OM. Any ideas?
Thanks & 73,
Rory, K5CKS
Not yet. Re-install old version of OmniRig. GL
Mike-W2MJP
K5CKS
Advanced Class

Post by K5CKS »

I think I have finally figured it out. The radio wants to see the mode change before the frequency change which was a simple "check the box" in configuration. I have tested it this morning and every band, mode and frequency change works flawlessly! Thanks for all the help!
Rory, K5CKS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

K5CKS wrote: 06 May 2020, 14:18 I think I have finally figured it out. The radio wants to see the mode change before the frequency change which was a simple "check the box" in configuration. I have tested it this morning and every band, mode and frequency change works flawlessly! Thanks for all the help!
Rory, K5CKS
It helps us if in future you specify what radio you are using
73 Terry G4POP