voice keyer

f4gwm
Advanced Class

voice keyer

Post by f4gwm »

Hello,
i try to use the voice keyer with my ftdx3000 and log4om but if i want to send the recording message i need to be in the data mode usb or lsb beacuse on the usb or lsb it is not working.
All the sound card device are well done beacuse it is working on data mode but when i am on usb mode or lsb there is no output.
it is not easy if we need to change the mode all the time when you want to send a message by the voice keyer.

i think there is a problem on the software that dont allow the output on usb mode.
On the ftdx3000 i use the internal sound card with the special codec using the usb cable.

When i try on sstv i can see that the output is ok it is not necessary to go on the data mode it is the same for all the digimode.
but only with the voice keyer on log4om

can you tell me about that

many thanks
F4GWM
CEDRIC
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: voice keyer

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Cedric,

never used voice keyer but on some transceivers external audio input is working in Digi via the modem.
Maybe there´s a menu item in your transceiver where you can switch that it works in SSB mode. Don´t
know the FTDX-3000 so please check the transceiver manual for the menu settings.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
f4gwm
Advanced Class

Re: voice keyer

Post by f4gwm »

Hi juergen
thanks for the answer but i have find the menu i can use it but if i use the internal modem i cant use the micro .
i need all the time switch between the two menu not good in fact.
but i dont understand why when i use sstv mode for example i can send sound via the internal modem in data mode and in usb mode without changing the internal parameter

but when i use log4om voice keyer i must change the parameter to use data mode or usb .
That is not necessary in digimode i dont understand why

F4GWM
CEDRIC