URGENT! Help please!

LX2KD
Novice Class

Re: URGENT! Help please!

Post by LX2KD »

OK, I got it now. Sorry, I wasn't doing step #4 properly. Just after the fresh install, there is no ./appdata/roaming/log4om2/user folder - you have to create it first. So I was blind to the /user part of the folder and copyed the config file directly into the log4om2 data folder.

I'm still puzzled about the countries list disappearing and the error that was signaled in the log file. It isn't doing it now. On the other hand, line 3 of the countries file is not missing the '0' any more. :?

Thanks for your help Terrry.

Kevin
LX2KD
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No worries Kevin as long as your ok now
73 Terry G4POP
g2ks
New user

Post by g2ks »

hi there terry & others

i myself installed v2 on my windows 7 pc intially all was well until due to usb ports failing i had to switch over to window 10, i followed instructions on how to move to another pc, all was well with mine, however this is where i am experiencing problems

a friend of mine see my log4om v2 working and asked me to install on his pc(win10), which i did so, it worked fine for a while but would not shut down it had to be a manual ctrl alt del to close it, that combined with recent failed win10 updates lead to a complete reinstall of windows, so again i saved the correct file, and did the fresh clean win10 install, and followed the same path as i did for my own pc

the fresh win10 install worked fine along with wsjtx and lotw tqsl & jt alert, BUT when we try to open log4omv2 on it comes uo with a intialisation error "fail to start" if i look at his log ui it is 157 kb compared to on my fully working copy which is 18.5kb

when i look at his file details via notepad his seems to be a repeat of all the files @ least 5 or 6 times, where as if i look @ his side by side with mine(the notepad file) mine is just 1 file, and mine starts runs etc

is there something i can do , like reinstall omnirig , as we both have icom ic 7610 radios and 64 bit hardware & solid state m2 drives running windows 10 ??

i can email you a copy of both the files(notepad copies) if this can help

your help is appreciated
Kevin G2ks