URGENT! Help please!

LX2KD
Novice Class

URGENT! Help please!

Post by LX2KD »

When I start Log4OM, I get a popup "Initialization error. Something goes wrong during Log4OM startup sequence. Probably a missing file in configuration folder. Check Application Log". I recently updated to 2.6.1.0.

I don't really know how to interpret the application log, but it does seem to show some errors.

If I look at the configuration, I see that the station information is corrupted. The station country, IARU region, and ITU are all blank. The dropdown list for the country is empty, and I cannot "save configuration" because those field are mandatory.

If I look at my log, I see that all QSOs since 16/05/2020 do not have station info as my default radio (IC-7610), but have one of my QRP rigs. If I try to correct that and save the record, it loses the country and DXCC entity.

Please help! I am stuck now.

Kevin Dorrell
LX2KD / G4AZO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: URGENT! Help please!

Post by G4POP »

Something clearly became corrupt so I would suggest that you use one of your config backup copies and overwrite the config file in the user folder
73 Terry G4POP
LX2KD
Novice Class

Post by LX2KD »

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have tried as you suggest, but I still get the same result. I then went back and tried with the oldest config backup I could find in the backup folder, which was from 14/05/2020, the day I updated from 2.5 to 2.6.1.0, and unfortunately I get the same result.

Can you suggest where to go from here please? Could it be one of the other resource files? I tried an update of the countries file, but that did not solve anything.

Kevin Dorrell
LX2KD / G4AZO
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

I have a similar problem and the same error message. Still working fine (v2.6.1.0) with JTAlert, WSJT-X other than the box showing mode (PH, CW, DIG) and bands worked isn't displaying, nor is the country logged. Is it just the most recent working .json file I need to copy over or are there other config files I also need to copy over? Thanks.

Jeff - G4IUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Yòu should probably do a clean install, I assume you have a recent backup file of your ADIF also?

If do

1. Uninstall log4om
2. Rename the C:/........../appdata/roaming/logom2 folder logom2OLD
3. Do a fresh download and install of version 2.6.0.1 - BUT DO NOT START THE PROGRAM
4. Copy the C:/........../appdata/roaming/logom2 folder logom2OLD/USER/config.json file to the C:/........../appdata/roaming/logom2/user folder and overwrite the existing file
5. Start log4om

You may have to open your log sqlite file from the file menu

Let me know how you get on
73 Terry G4POP
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

I jumped the gun here and uninstalled then did a clean install but I did start the program just in case it worked without moving on to the next step (after uninstalling etc. as per your directions) and all is working again. I've just worked a few FT8 stations and 100% perfect. All happy now! Hope Kevin's issue is sorted too.
Thanks again for your help Terry.

Jeff - G4IUA
LX2KD
Novice Class

Post by LX2KD »

Hi Terry. Thank you for helping me out on this one, but I am still struggling.

Just to check, am I supposed to copy over the LX2KD.SQLite as well, so that I can open it once Log4OM has started up?

So ... if I do a clean install, don't start the program, copy over a config.json from one of the backups in the old backup directory, then start the program ... the program starts OK, but does not appear to contain any config information ... station name, address etc. But I can stop and start the program OK. I can't work out why it is not picking up the information from the config.json.

As soon as I connect to LX2KD.SQLite (which I have copied over to the new folder) I can see all my old QSOs, but of course still no config information. Then if I stop and start the program again, I am back to the old problem. So does it look like some incompatibility between my LX2KD.SQLite and the config.json? But why would the program not pick up the information in the config.json?

Thanks for your help so far.

Kevin
LX2KD
PC5L
New user

Post by PC5L »

I had the same problem. In the log I found there was an error in line 3 of country.xml.

I changed <LastUpdate>2020-05-18T9:17:28.5823159Z</LastUpdate> to
<LastUpdate>2020-05-18T09:17:28.5823159Z</LastUpdate> so a "0" before the 9 and restarted the program.

This workaround worked for me.

73 PC5L
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

LX2KD wrote: 18 May 2020, 19:58 Hi Terry. Thank you for helping me out on this one, but I am still struggling.

Just to check, am I supposed to copy over the LX2KD.SQLite as well, so that I can open it once Log4OM has started up?
Providing you copy the config across it should find the sqlite file
So ... if I do a clean install, don't start the program, copy over a config.json from one of the backups in the old backup directory, then start the program ... the program starts OK, but does not appear to contain any config information ... station name, address etc. But I can stop and start the program OK. I can't work out why it is not picking up the information from the config.json

You probably restarted so many times and created a corrupt backup each time, try an earlier backup
73 Terry G4POP
LX2KD
Novice Class

Post by LX2KD »

Unfortunately that is the earliest backup I have of the config file. It was created the first time I quit the program following the upgrade to 2.6.1 on 14/05/2020.

Can it be a problem in the countries file? It shouldn't be, because that should be clean following a clean install. But I found this in the application log:

2020-05-18 20:11:51.9355 ERROR: [FwFile][DeserializeObject] : C:\Users\kevin\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\country.xml
[EXCEPTION] There is an error in XML document (3, 55). System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (3, 55). ---> System.FormatException: The string '2020-05-18T9:17:28.5823159Z' is not a valid AllXsd value.
at System.Xml.Schema.XsdDateTime..ctor(String text, XsdDateTimeFlags kinds)
at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToDateTime(String s, XmlDateTimeSerializationMode dateTimeOption)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlCustomFormatter.ToDateTime(String value)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCountries.Read5_Countries(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCountries.Read6_Countries()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at L4ONG.Framework.FwFile.DeserializeObject(Type #=zCsZ4br4=, String #=zs6YAF7Q=)
2020-05-18 20:11:51.9355 WARN: [#=z4GE1kUGYvooTCkjDkqFTPDNhQxgQ][MoveNext] : [COUNTRY] Missing country file. Redownloading
2020-05-18 20:11:51.9355 INFO: [#=zfLi5L_yM31vmsVjv2wwP9_4TYtZX] : Downloading updated country file from web
2020-05-18 20:11:52.4535 INFO: [#=zfLi5L_yM31vmsVjv2wwP9_4TYtZX] : Country file updated successfully
2020-05-18 20:11:52.4535 ERROR: [FwFile][DeserializeObject] : C:\Users\kevin\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\country.xml
[EXCEPTION] There is an error in XML document (3, 55). System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (3, 55). ---> System.FormatException: The string '2020-05-18T9:17:28.5823159Z' is not a valid AllXsd value.
at System.Xml.Schema.XsdDateTime..ctor(String text, XsdDateTimeFlags kinds)
at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToDateTime(String s, XmlDateTimeSerializationMode dateTimeOption)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlCustomFormatter.ToDateTime(String value)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCountries.Read5_Countries(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderCountries.Read6_Countries()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at L4ONG.Framework.FwFile.DeserializeObject(Type #=zCsZ4br4=, String #=zs6YAF7Q=)

Kevin
LX2KD