RESOLVED : JTalert fails to log QSO

M7MLB
Novice Class

RESOLVED : JTalert fails to log QSO

Post by M7MLB »

Hi All

Firstly excellent software, thanks for all your work.

Im new ham and new user so be gentle, followed help guides for JTalert, WSJXT and Log4OM2 and as far as i can possibly tell i have setup up the UDP settings as instructed (but happy to be corrected).

But when i complete a QSO the pop up box to log it pops, i click ok. And about 4-5 seconds later the error pops up, doesn't really state a UDP error, just that it failed to log to Lof4OM2.

Appreciate any pointers into what i setup wrong?
EDIT: I do not yet have a CAT cable, so PTT by data cable

Last edited by M7MLB on 01 Jun 2020, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
Lee
M7MLB
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: JTalert fails to log QSO

Post by DF5WW »

Hello OM (a name in a signature would be fine),

have you enabled Log4OM V2 logging checkbox in JTalert ?

Are the UDP ADIF_MESSAGE port the same in JTalert AND in Log4OM V2 ?

The path to your database correct ?

1.png
1.png (38.2 KiB) Viewed 3868 times

At my side all is working fine with logging via JTalert ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M7MLB wrote: 29 May 2020, 01:15 Hi All

Firstly excellent software, thanks for all your work.

Im new ham and new user so be gentle, followed help guides for JTalert, WSJXT and Log4OM2 and as far as i can possibly tell i have setup up the UDP settings as instructed (but happy to be corrected).

But when i complete a QSO the pop up box to log it pops, i click ok. And about 4-5 seconds later the error pops up, doesn't really state a UDP error, just that it failed to log to Lof4OM2.

Appreciate any pointers into what i setup wrong?
EDIT: I do not yet have a CAT cable, so PTT by data cable

Is the QSO logged in Log4om or not?
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Terry,

thank´s ... that´s the thing i´ve forgot to say. From time to time it´s possible that you receive
an Error message but the contact is logged a bit later.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

DF5WW wrote: 29 May 2020, 13:20 Hi Terry,

thank´s ... that´s the thing i´ve forgot to say. From time to time it´s possible that you receive
an Error message but the contact is logged a bit later.

;) ;)
And, as I recall, there is a alert duration timer that can be set inside JTAlert as to when that message will appear (or not).
Attachments
JTAlert_logging.JPG
JTAlert_logging.JPG (137.39 KiB) Viewed 3835 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
M7MLB
Novice Class

Post by M7MLB »

Hi guys, thanks for replies.
Yes i have set the options as per guides, i will take some screenshots shortly and post. And Terry, no the QSO is not logged at all (i logged then manually after session).
Lee
M7MLB
M7MLB
Novice Class

Post by M7MLB »

JTalert Settings

WSJT-X Settings

Log4om2 Settings
Lee
M7MLB
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Lee,

PLEASE, when you post for help - include the exact VERSION of Log4OM. Also, confirm that you are using the current User's Guide by giving the date on the first page of the User's Guide.

It does not appear that you have followed the settings suggested in the latest User's Guide. You need to follow them precisely and carefully.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
M7MLB
Novice Class

Post by M7MLB »

Doug,

PLEASE, when you post a support reply - include some actual advice or POINTERS, rather than just scolding a member and telling a user to read the manual!

Latest versions of everything i believe: Log4om: 2.6.1.0 // Manual 20/5/20

And believe me i did read it and had followed it, maybe not in the screenshots above true, but i have spend ages trying several different configurations, including following the manual to the letter (with jt_message and rebroadcast on 1240) , still didn't log the QSO at all. In fact i had issues with JTalert functioning at that point, the settings above have everything working EXCEPT automatic logging.

I think it doesn't help a user when here we have 3 pieces of software, each with its own manual, each manual differ in setup. Ie in JTalert manual it shows the setup i have above. Youtube videos show the setup above and working. Its confusing trying to understand which is correct setup for these 3 programmes together.

But i can promise you i did previously follow Terrys manual exactly and still had no joy, i will try it again shortly and provide more screenshots if needed.

Thank you
W7DRM wrote: 30 May 2020, 05:08 Lee,

PLEASE, when you post for help - include the exact VERSION of Log4OM. Also, confirm that you are using the current User's Guide by giving the date on the first page of the User's Guide.

It does not appear that you have followed the settings suggested in the latest User's Guide. You need to follow them precisely and carefully.

Doug
W7DRM
Lee
M7MLB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M7MLB wrote: 30 May 2020, 11:00 Doug,

PLEASE, when you post a support reply - include some actual advice or POINTERS, rather than just scolding a member and telling a user to read the manual!

Latest versions of everything i believe: Log4om: 2.6.1.0 // Manual 20/5/20

And believe me i did read it and had followed it, maybe not in the screenshots above true, but i have spend ages trying several different configurations, including following the manual to the letter (with jt_message and rebroadcast on 1240) , still didn't log the QSO at all. In fact i had issues with JTalert functioning at that point, the settings above have everything working EXCEPT automatic logging.

I think it doesn't help a user when here we have 3 pieces of software, each with its own manual, each manual differ in setup. Ie in JTalert manual it shows the setup i have above. Youtube videos show the setup above and working. Its confusing trying to understand which is correct setup for these 3 programmes together.

But i can promise you i did previously follow Terrys manual exactly and still had no joy, i will try it again shortly and provide more screenshots if needed.

Thank you
W7DRM wrote: 30 May 2020, 05:08 Lee,

Doug
W7DRM
Install TeamViewer on the Log4om computer

Email me at g4pop (at) arrl.net to arrange a sked for me to resolve this
73 Terry G4POP