QSL sent = No from JTAlert

PA0FVH
Novice Class

QSL sent = No from JTAlert

Post by PA0FVH »

Hi all,

I am running v2.7.0.0 and JTalert 2.16.7 and QSO's added by the UDP connection are getting QSL sent = No value.
My default QSL sent status = Requested. Manual QSO input in Log4OM sets the correct QSL sent = Requested value.
I never had this issue before, so I guess it's related to v2.7.0.0

73 Fred PA0FVH
w9mdb
Old Man

Re: QSL sent = No from JTAlert

Post by w9mdb »

I just noticed a similar problem.

Helping a friend and he had the JTAlert Requested box checked off...so just turned that on.

Then I tried to help him upload the 90+ QSOs that didn't get uploaded to LOTW since they were marked "No" for status. Turns out can't be done in 2.7.0

#1 If you try to change Sent Status to No, then click the Sent Required the program changes the Sent box back to Requested and nothing gets selected (even though there are lots of QSOs with No status).
#2 Then I thought I'd do a batch update...can't do that either because the LOTW QSL info is not exposed in the current database structure for doing sql updates either singled field or batch.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 16:53
#2 Then I thought I'd do a batch update...can't do that either because the LOTW QSL info is not exposed in the current database structure for doing sql updates either singled field or batch.
Incorrect

Using an SQL query is unnecessary and beyond the ability of normal users and is not required.

You should use enable update in the QSL manager, watch our video tutorial for fuller instructions but meanwhile perhaps this screen shot will help.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (172.78 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 16:53 #1 If you try to change Sent Status to No, then click the Sent Required the program changes the Sent box back to Requested and nothing gets selected (even though there are lots of QSOs with No status).

Dont fully comprehend what steps your taking there but it sounds like you missed clicking the floppy disk save icon before save and apply, see below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (103.48 KiB) Viewed 3311 times
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Doesn't work on his computer or mine. Both of us using 2.7.0
I have one QSO that I marked as "Requested" for LOTW sent status and it queries just fine as Requested.

Change that QSO to LOTW Sent "No", click the Sent pulldown for No, click "Select required" and the pullldown box changes back to Requested and the QSO does not show up in the list.
Same problem on his computer. Cannot get any of the "No" QSOs to display.

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

As you can see from the screenshot I just tried it 5 mins ago and it works OK, did you change the LOTW selection in the external services tab?
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

No...we did not change that. We were trying to fix a batch of QSO where the status was wrong.
Both of your suggestions for workarounds work...but that's not desirable behavior when the fix is to make the Snet pulldown work correctly for choosing LOTW sent status.

And is the text in that box wrong or rather unclear?
"Consider QSO to be uploaded when SENT status is"
Should it be
"Consider QSO ready to be uploaded when SENT status is"

The first one sounds like it's already uploaded.

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Had you changed that the incorrectly marked Qso's would have uploaded, see our user guide and YouTube tutorials
73 Terry G4POP
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

If you're not going to fix the pulldown in the QSL manager so we can select a status other than the default for LOTW you should at least make the box read only since it apparently has no effect.
Then all the users would have to do is try and figure out how to fix their problem.

Or do you think it should be fixed to actually work?

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 19:48 If you're not going to fix the pulldown in the QSL manager so we can select a status other than the default for LOTW you should at least make the box read only since it apparently has no effect.
Then all the users would have to do is try and figure out how to fix their problem.

Or do you think it should be fixed to actually work?

Mike
Which pull down? They all work for me and I can select which I like?

This one?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (82.38 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
73 Terry G4POP