QSL sent = No from JTAlert

G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL sent = No from JTAlert

Post by G4POP »

w9mdb wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 15:51 That's because nobody knows enough to complain....
I'm a developer so I know what to expect.
Sorry Mike but thats not a valid argument, lets face it we can all constantly pick holes in any software, that does not make that software bad just because we dont happen like the way they have done things!

DXLabs suite is a great piece of software that Dave Bernstein has devoted a huge effort to over many many years, it does not happen to be my taste so I use another program, that does not make his software bad.

Thats the way we designed Log4OM and we happen to think its fine, if a reasonable number of users complain about something or request a change, if its something we can do without a huge rewrite then we will adapt the software.

There is nothing more for me to say now that you understand how to use the facility so I wont comment further.
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Anyway, changing the default value is not so complex.
I will change it to the default value set for confirmations.

If someone was used with SEND will eventually file a complaint and we add an option to allow users what value should be selected as default when opening QSL manager and selecting LOTW (because an user could have different needs for every confirmation type).

Soon Log4OM will be known as the "most complex software on earth" but, let me say, what is something "obvious" for you could not be a big issue to me...
(i'm a developer, i know what i want)

Can be done? yes. Easily? yes, probably 2 rows of code. 2 more rows in the code is not so much. It's simply 2 more rows searching for a parameter set into an array, containing multiple data structures, so a bit of foreach and we will have the result.

2 milliseconds? yes, 2 milliseconds delay. Acceptable? yes, but still 2 milliseconds.

by the way, there is a nice button that does that... KISS principle...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
PA0FVH
Novice Class

Post by PA0FVH »

The issue with the default QSL sent value (Requested) is fixed in Log4OM version 2.8.0.0.
TU Daniele and the team.

73 Fred