Upload not recorded

2E0GJH
Novice Class

Upload not recorded

Post by 2E0GJH »

I'm using v2.8.0 on Windows 10. I upload to HRDLog and Clublog automatically, and also LOTW as a manual process.

Using the QSL manager it's very common to see a QSO with either HRDLog or Clublog showing Sent:Requested with others showing Sent:Yes.

The records listed as Requested have actually been sent to the relevant service, but Log4OMv2 seems to have forgotton to set that value. Am I doing something wrong?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Upload not recorded

Post by KI5IO »

2E0GJH wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 21:06 I'm using v2.8.0 on Windows 10. I upload to HRDLog and Clublog automatically, and also LOTW as a manual process.

Using the QSL manager it's very common to see a QSO with either HRDLog or Clublog showing Sent:Requested with others showing Sent:Yes.

The records listed as Requested have actually been sent to the relevant service, but Log4OMv2 seems to have forgotton to set that value. Am I doing something wrong?
OM,

Yes ... you don't have parameters set up properly in your Log4OM V2.

Watch the 3 videos that Terry has produced about "Confirmations" ... that relates to settings for your uploads, etc... There is also good information in the "current" User Guide.

Below is a link to the YouTube videos that Terry has produced. There are "3" that go into step by step details for Confirmations.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ppcj ... yavI-azOug
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
2E0GJH
Novice Class

Post by 2E0GJH »

OK will take a look. Seems odd that it works in 90% of cases though, and seems to work perfectly in previous v2 versions.

Also, to be clear it IS uploading the records, just not setting the sent value internally.
2E0GJH
Novice Class

Re: Upload not recorde

Post by 2E0GJH »

I’ve been through the videos and can’t see any special setting I’ve missed.

To be clear consider 2 qso’s entered into Log4OM. Both upload correctly to HRDLOG and Clublog. One shows “sent” status and other remains at “requested”. There doesn't see to be any cosistency. What setting controls this?

Thanks,
Graeme
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Upload not recorde

Post by KI5IO »

2E0GJH wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 16:07 I’ve been through the videos and can’t see any special setting I’ve missed.

To be clear consider 2 qso’s entered into Log4OM. Both upload correctly to HRDLOG and Clublog. One shows “sent” status and other remains at “requested”. There doesn't see to be any cosistency. What setting controls this?

Thanks,
Graeme
Graeme,

Discussed in the 3 videos that Terry produced for "Confirmations".

Also has a good coverage in the User Guide on Page 82 of the CURRENT User Guide dated: June 30, 2020 9:26AM

Go to: Settings / Configuration / Confirmations

Then select the Type (lotw, clublog, hrdlog, etc..) and you will see how Log4OM V2 will set the 'sent' and 'rcvd' fields.

If you happen to use JTAlert ... there are also checkboxes in that APP which will change the 'sent' field in Log4OM V2. That issue has been discussed here on this Forum and I've provided screen clips of what NOT to check in JTAlert when it comes to such.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
2E0GJH
Novice Class

Post by 2E0GJH »

Both Clublog and HRDlog are set to Sent:Requested. This is exactly what I expect, how I set it up in earlier versions and what the manual says as far as I can see.

I’m not trying to be awkward, but can you please read what I wrote above again? I believe there is a bug in the software somewhere.

In some cases, after uploading, Log4OM seems to “forget” to set Sent:Yes, although it does the upload to the confirmation service, it doesn’t set Sent:Yes. It does it about 50% of the time.

Record 1, Uploaded to HRDLog successfully. Confirmation Sent:Yes
Record 2, Uploaded to HRDLog successfully. Confirmation Sent:Requested

I don’t use JTAlert.

Log4OM is sending the confirmation, but not always recording that it has sent the confirmation, so I must check each service manually to avoid any duplication, and update confirmations manually.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

2E0GJH wrote: 13 Jul 2020, 23:04
Record 1, Uploaded to HRDLog successfully. Confirmation Sent:Yes
Record 2, Uploaded to HRDLog successfully. Confirmation Sent:Requested

Where did each of the above QSO's originate?

Import from another logger
Manual input in Log4OM versions 1 or 2
Via UDP from a JT program
From N1MM
Or from some other external source?
73 Terry G4POP
2E0GJH
Novice Class

Post by 2E0GJH »

Hello Terry,

In this case mostly WSJT-X, although it may have happened with a direct entry of the QSO in Log4OM v2 as well.

Here's the WSJT-X and Log4OM settings:
L4OM_1.png
L4OM_1.png (114.3 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
Here you can see the UDP setup in Log4OM. I don't remember why the UDP port is different from the default, but I have the same port selected in WSJT-X and Log4OM.
L4OM_4.png
L4OM_4.png (41.35 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
And here is the confirmation settings for HRDLog
L4OM_3.png
L4OM_3.png (38.95 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
The QSO is always recorded correctly on Log4OM and HRDLog but the confirmation is not set in some cases.
I also use Clublog, and if it forgets the confirmation for HRDLog it usually forgets Clublog as well, although both uploads always seem to work.

Thanks,
Graeme
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Will look at this when I get home

Meanwhile please install TeamViewer on the Log4om computer in case I need to check it please
73 Terry G4POP
2E0GJH
Novice Class

Post by 2E0GJH »

OK Thanks Terry,

For what it’s worth, I’ve just done 8 entries via WSJT-X and all have behaved properly. I wonder if one of the online services is perhaps occasionally returning an unexpected response leading Log4OM to believe the upload was unsuccessful.

Is there any diagnostic logging I can turn on for the external services?