Since 2.7, no more confirmation uploads to LOTW.

F1NQP
Advanced Class

Since 2.7, no more confirmation uploads to LOTW.

Post by F1NQP »

Hello.

Problem since 2.7, and not solved with 2.8, no more automatic sending of qsl confirmations to LOTW when closing LOG4OM2.
Everything worked fine until 2.6.1.0 ... so my ID and MDP for LOTW are OK.

It works manually via the QSL MANAGER, but no longer automatically.

I'm on W10 Pro 64 bits.
My TQSL version is 2.5.4, and the data configuration version is 11.11.

I am in automatic with JTDX (I don't use JT-Alert)

Automatic export to:
HRDLOG = OK
EQSL = OK
CLUBLOG = OK
HAMQTH = OK

LOTW = not OK

In EXTERNAL SERVICES/LOTW, "Upload Flag" is set to NO.
In ADIF FUNCTIONS, ADIF FILES is set to [AUTO ULPLOAD] and the box is checked (I didn't change anything)

Pending a correction, I came back to 2.6.1.0. A Canadian OM is in the same case as me.

73 to all and good afternoon.

F1NQP Jean-Jacques
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Since 2.7, no more confirmation uploads to LOTW.

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Jean-Jacques,

you say that you not use JTalert and that tells me that you work with WSJT-X and/or JTDX. Have
you checked the incoming entries from WSJT-X/JTDX what the LotW sent flag for the is showing.
Is it "No" as you setted it up in Log4OM or is it "Requested" ?

To check this log a contact with WSJT-X/JTDX and if the QSO is show´n in Log4OM double klick
on it to go in the edit window. Go to the QSL tab and check what it´s showing for the LotW sent
status by changing the popup menu to LotW.

A screenshot would be nice ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
F1NQP
Advanced Class

Post by F1NQP »

I use JTDX, I've made that clear.

What is curious is that at the moment with v2.6.1.0 everything is working normally.
At the closing of LOG4OM2, the confirmations are well sent towards the LOTW site.

With 2.7 or 2.8, without changing the parameters, it should be the same. Except when log4om2 is closed, the confirmations are no longer sent automatically. I specified AUTOMATICALLY.
I have to go to QSL MANAGER, and select the last qso performed and click on UPLOAD SELECT QSO. In which case, if I work in MANUAL it works.

Currently in EXTERNAL SERVICES, I'm in REQUESTED (but here I'm working with 2.6.1.0) ... but with NO checked the problem is the same.

Thanks Juergen, have a nice day.

J'utilise JTDX je l'ai précisé.

ce qui est curieux c'est qu'en en ce moment avec la v2.6.1.0 tout fonctionne normalement.
A la fermeture de LOG4OM2, les confirmations sont bien envoyées vers le site LOTW.

Avec la 2.7 ou la 2.8, sans changer les paramètres, ça devrait être pareil. Hors à la fermeture de log4om2, les confirmations ne sont plus envoyées automatiquement. J'ai bien précisé AUTOMATIQUEMENT.
Il faut que je me rende dans QSL MANAGER, et que je sélectionne les derniers qso réalisés et que je clic sur UPLOAD SELECT QSO. Auquel cas, si je travaille en MANUEL ça fonctionne.

Actuellement dans EXTERNAL SERVICES, je suis en REQUESTED (mais là je travaille avec 2.6.1.0) ... mais avec NO coché le problème est le même.

Merci Juergen, bonne fin de journée.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Jean-Jacques,

if i write WSJT-X and/or JTDX it only means that the same is for both programs. You have provided
that you are using JTDX but the same is usuable for WSJT-X too so both using the same engine. The
differences in JTDX are the possibility to use filters and can set the decode rates e.G.

I am logging via JTalert and i´ve setted up JTalert to log the contacts with LotW sent = "No". The
"No" is what i setup in Log4OM for automatted upload after close. For me this is working very fine
and without any problems.

If you see that "JTDX" (or WSJT-X for other readers) send "Requestet" you have to change the settings
in Log4OM from "No" to "Requested" and all will working fine ....

1.png
1.png (41.6 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
2.png
2.png (31.86 KiB) Viewed 1878 times

If yo receive a "Requested" from JTDX (or WSJT-X for other´s) and have setted the sent status to No in L4O
and also in the other menu item to "No" log4OM don´t start an upload ....

And as i said, screenshots are very helpful .... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
F1NQP
Advanced Class

Post by F1NQP »

Thank you, Juergen, for that explanation.

I tried to put screenshots, but on the forum it seems limited in image size (not practical... too bad).

I've just upgraded to 2.8 and set it up like on your screenshots. I made a qso with jtdx to try, then I quit LOG4OM2 to check. It's OK, I find the qso on LOTW. It was well transmitted in automatic.

What I don't understand is that with 2.6.1, it works. So I guess between this version and the new one, some options have been added. But if we don't configure them, it "breaks" our configuration.

The main thing is that it works for me perfectly.
It will make another happy, my Canadian friend who has the same problem.

73 Juergen and good evening ... and thanks again.

----------------------------------

merci Juergen pour cette explication.

J'ai essayé de mettre des captures d'écrans, mais sur le forum ça semble limité en taille d'image (pas pratique.... dommage).

Je viens de passer en 2.8 et de paramétrer comme sur vos captures d'écrans. J'ai réalisé un qso avec jtdx pour essayer, puis j'ai quitté LOG4OM2 pour contrôler. C'est OK je retrouve bien le qso sur LOTW. Il a bien été transmis en automatique.

Ce que je ne comprends pas c'est qu'avec la 2.6.1, ça fonctionne. Donc je suppose qu'entre cette version et la nouvelle, des options ont été ajoutées. Mais si on ne les configure pas, ça "casse" notre configuration.

L'essentiel est que ça fonctionne chez moi parfait.
ça va faire un autre heureux, mon ami Canadien qui a le même souci.

73 Juergen et bonne soirée ... et encore merci.