no PC during POTA activation, now I need to manually enter... any tips?

KA1YBS
Novice Class

no PC during POTA activation, now I need to manually enter... any tips?

Post by KA1YBS »

Hello,

I activated a POTA a couple of months back and am getting the time to enter my log. I had a crazy pileup which resulted in frenetic logging on paper.

I added a TQSL location to my call sign for the purpose of logging (I was in another state).

I need to manually enter 300 QSO's into Log4OM and somehow upload these to LOTW using the new location.

> Do I clone my Log4OM configuration, then change Grid Square, Radio, Antenna, Power, etc?
> Do I change my contact address to the best approximate locations address?
> What is the easiest way to manually enter without having to change things like band or mode over and over?
> Should I create a separate SQL database for POTA, SOTA, Mobile and Home QTH?

I don't know the best procedure to do this. If any of you have been through this, please point me in the right direction!

Thanks everyone.

Tim
KA1YBS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: no PC during POTA activation, now I need to manually enter... any tips?

Post by G4POP »

Clone your config with the full POTA info

Then use Log4om Lazy Log to enter the QSO'S
73 Terry G4POP
KA1YBS
Novice Class

Post by KA1YBS »

Thanks for the reply, Terry.

I am getting the hang of LazyLog. I don't see a way to enter multiple things on the same command line, or I'm doing it wrong.

I would like to do callsign RST and Comment all in one go. For now, I'm flying through the log using default RST and no comment.

Also, do you recommend a new profile for every location I operate from? No problem there, just would like to know if that is OK. I operate portable all the time!

Thanks!!!!

Tim
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

A new profile helps if you are going to revisit a site, otherwise just edit the station profile etc if it's a one off

Yes you can enter a complete QSO, check the help file last item
73 Terry G4POP
KA1YBS
Novice Class

Post by KA1YBS »

OK, I just can't get the comment field in there, everything else is working perfect.

after setting up day/time/freq/band/mode/grid, etc in LazyLog, my command line is:
[call] sent [report] recv [report] comment [comment]

The manual does not list comment as a field related to the final command line, maybe comment is the same for all LazyLog contacts, like Frequency? If so, I totally understand now!

Also, is there a way to do a "shortcut" for Sent and Recv like "S" and "R"?

One more thing... Do I need to pre-select my LOTW location prior to upload to LOTW? I failed to do that step, but my portable location grid was at least correct...

Thanks
KA1YBS
Novice Class

Post by KA1YBS »

Oh no, my QRZ.com uploaded contacts all show my home county (Hillsborough) and state (NH) even though I set these in LazyLog to Piscataquis county, ME

I am guessing I have to set the "station location" data in my new profile to match the approximate location? I did set my grid square correctly.

I am sorry for bungling this all up
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA1YBS wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 23:07
Also, is there a way to do a "shortcut" for Sent and Recv like "S" and "R"?
Page 38 last panel - Notice 'Comment' is not included, but we could add it, and sent = > received = <

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (48.46 KiB) Viewed 2356 times

One more thing... Do I need to pre-select my LOTW location prior to upload to LOTW? I failed to do that step, but my portable location grid was at least correct...

Yes
73 Terry G4POP
KA1YBS
Novice Class

Post by KA1YBS »

Thank You, Terry. I think I have the hang of it now with your pointers. I missed the ">" "<" symbols in the how to.
I'll do a new config for every LoTW location in the future and make sure the config is set up perfectly before doing the log.

Thanks for your guidance!