No data showing below operator name

g3ziy
Advanced Class

No data showing below operator name

Post by g3ziy »

Log4OMv2 is not displaying data below the operator's name box. It was working ok until last Sunday (v1.9). When v1.10 was available I upgraded in the hope it would 'come good', but it did not.
As you can see from the attached image, it does not pick up the band, mode or frequency, and yet clearly the rig and Log4OMv2 are communicating as the VFO-A and VFO-B are displaying correctly, and they change in sync with the rig.
I haven't changed anything AFAIK. There was a Windows update on Tuesday, well after my problem appeared.
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.93 KiB) Viewed 3237 times
I run Log4OMv2, OmniRig, and the Thetis software in administrator mode.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: No data showing below operator name

Post by G4POP »

Have you checked your QRZ or HamQTH account is valid and in the case of QRZ has your paid XML subscription expired or is the end date wrong?

BTW I think you mean V2.9 and V2.10, version 1 on maintenance
73 Terry G4POP
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Post by g3ziy »

I don't have a paid subscription to QRZ.com but in any case Log4OMv2 is correctly completing the operator name. I have checked that I can log into QRZ.com. I don't know which end date you are referring to.
I did mean versions 2.9 and 2.10 in my original post.
As Log4OMv2 is clearly communicating both ways with the rig (it reads and sets the VFO A and B frequencies correctly), I find it strange that the frequencies/band/mode boxes are not being displayed in the program.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

RichardCSD wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 06:36 I don't have a paid subscription to QRZ.com but in any case Log4OMv2 is correctly completing the operator name. I have checked that I can log into QRZ.com. I don't know which end date you are referring to
I did mean versions 2.9 and 2.10 in my original post.
As Log4OMv2 is clearly communicating both ways with the rig (it reads and sets the VFO A and B frequencies correctly), I find it strange that the frequencies/band/mode boxes are not being displayed in the program.

Sorry I misread your original post and thought you were refering to lookup data :oops:

Lets start again!

I also had horrendous problems after last weeks windows update because for some reason it messed up the audio codecs which I had to delete and re-install

As the com port is only partially working I think that the update has upset your com ports this may be especially true is your using a modern Icom of Yaesu radio which requires specific USB drivers from the manufacturer.

Please try uninstalling the relevant com port drivers and reinstalling them..
73 Terry G4POP
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Post by g3ziy »

I did all you suggested to no avail. However, as the correct frequencies are showing in the VFO A & B windows, I don't think comms is the problem. This is my CAT config:
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (92.72 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Nothing wrong with that, it's unusual because with CAT control its normally all or nothing.

1. What radio are you using

2. What interface between the radio and the computer

3. Are any other programs running at the same time as Log4om and Omnirig?
73 Terry G4POP
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Post by g3ziy »

Radio: ANAN7000
Com0Com ports 17/18 at 115200 baud, parity none, 8 bit 1 stop bit
Omnirig
Thetis v2.6.9 32 bit
Win10 64 bit.

This problem suddenly occurred last Sunday before the Windows update.
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (30.78 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

So Thetis connects direct to the radio for CAT control etc and also provides virtual com ports to connect external software, like Log4OM HRD etc, to?

Have you tried connecting Log4OM directly to a conventional radio using Omnirig? That would at least prove if the issue is Log4OM/Omnirig related or not?

Unfortunately my knowledge of your SDR set up is limited so I cant provide any answers if its te Annan/Thetis side causing issues
73 Terry G4POP
g3ziy
Advanced Class

Post by g3ziy »

Thanks for trying to help Terry
73, Richard, G3ZIY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you try a different radio?