Sluggish response revisited

K5CKS
Advanced Class

Sluggish response revisited

Post by K5CKS »

I have been going down the list from the cluster working everything CW and Phone in the 20M band but I can't help but notice the sluggish response between my radio and Log4OM. Sometimes taking 3 double clicks on the station in the cluster to get the radio to change frequency. One thing that I have noticed is "Data Lookup" clearly interferes with the radio control interface. It won't even try to change frequency until the Data Lookup is finished. When you are trying to make fast contacts this is very frustrating. My suggestion for future releases is to change the order of execution. Change the frequency of the radio FIRST, then do the data lookup. I believe this is what is slowing things down.
Thanks for all your hard work on "The Greatest Logging Program in the World!"
Rory, K5CKS
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Sluggish response revisited

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi Rory.

I believe that Santa Claus is preparing some good surprise, at least that's what I am seeing in my "crystal ball" ;)
Let´s wait.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Sluggish response revisited

Post by G4POP »

K5CKS wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 15:59 I have been going down the list from the cluster working everything CW and Phone in the 20M band but I can't help but notice the sluggish response between my radio and Log4OM. Sometimes taking 3 double clicks on the station in the cluster to get the radio to change frequency. One thing that I have noticed is "Data Lookup" clearly interferes with the radio control interface. It won't even try to change frequency until the Data Lookup is finished. When you are trying to make fast contacts this is very frustrating. My suggestion for future releases is to change the order of execution. Change the frequency of the radio FIRST, then do the data lookup. I believe this is what is slowing things down.
Thanks for all your hard work on "The Greatest Logging Program in the World!"
Rory, K5CKS
Email me at g4pop (at) arrl.net and include a link to this thread
73 Terry G4POP