CLUBLOG CALL EXC

G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CLUBLOG CALL EXC

Post by G4POP »

VK3PF wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:41 Almost 3 weeks and no response. Very helpful - NOT.

Strangely we have lives outside Log4OM! so sometimes responses from us may be slow but there are plenty of users like Nolan that will help!

Especially as Bob VK2BYF does a lot of Park activations in VK2, so every single contact needs to be reopened after it is logged and the Country manually changed to Australia, and then the WWFF and other References added again because it does not correctly register when you first add the corrections before hitting SAVE - the program overrules the correct information which I have input, all because of a Clublog EXC which should only apply for a single week of offshore activity on Lord Howe!
Dumb!

It would be interesting to know how you have your info providers configured as suggested by Nolan?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (143.77 KiB) Viewed 757 times
73 Terry G4POP
VK3PF
Novice Class

Re: CLUBLOG CALL EXC

Post by VK3PF »

Hi Terry et al.,

I have not been to the forum for a little while....

I appreciate that people often have very busy lives, but I thought that perhaps a suggestion may have come after a week or two. Thus my frustration was vented after 3 weeks, during a period when Bob VK2BYF/p was very active operating portable in Parks - often several Parks in the one day. Every single contact needed to be manually editted to correct the data after saving the contact. Part of the frustration came as I had changed the Country and other details before saving, but Log4OM defaulted back to the Lord Howe Island data provided by ClubLog.

I still find that logging behaviour very odd. I would have expected that VK2BYF/p, VK2BYF/p and VK2BYF/9 would be treated as separate identities.

I have unticked the "Use ClubLog" option as suggested and that seems to have resolved the issue. Many thanks Nolan for the tip!
Otherwise, the Info Providers were on the default settings.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Log4OM is a great tool. I have slowly been becoming more familiar with the NextGen version. Lots of manual reading is required, then practical application of the newer processes to cement them in one's memory bank.

Thanks again to all.

Cheers,

Peter VK3PF