What is "CLUBLOG CALL EXC"?

Log4OM version: 2.10.0.0
User Manual: Updated: 18/12/2020 7:17 PM

Mike / KA4CDN
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CLUBLOG CALL EXC

Post by DF5WW »

Have searched the whole manual for that string and not find it. Can you tell us the
side of the manual or where did you see that string in the menue ?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KA4CDN wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 11:30 What is "CLUBLOG CALL EXC"?

Log4OM version: 2.10.0.0
User Manual: Updated: 18/12/2020 7:17 PM

Mike / KA4CDN
As a software developer, we can download the entire ClubLog call exceptions and prefix lookup data. This is encouraged as one of the driving reasons for Club Log's existence is to increasing logging accuracy. We use this file as one of the tools to define the accuracy of call lookups.

If your not aware of the great Clublog system see https://clublog.org

Log4OM user guide updated, see page 30 and 50
73 Terry G4POP
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Juergen ,

It just showed up on the main screen, under the End field. With things like [QRZ.COM], {WKD SAME MODE], etc.
Thanks
VK3PF
Novice Class

Post by VK3PF »

Hello all,
So I now know what the meaning is, but I have this recurring problem.
I am using Log4OM 2 v.2.14.1.0
I attempt to log a portable station who is licensed in and operating in Australia. The Name is returned okay, but I get the message CLUBLOG CALL EXC message, plus the Country returned is Lord House Island #147. Even if I change the country back to Australia and add the appropriate WWFF reference, Log4OM saves the Country as Lord Howe Island (LHI) and drops the WWFF reference.
I can then open the saved entry and again change the Country and add the WWFF reference, which then appears to save okay.
It is a pain!
Callisign where this behaviour is seen is VK2BYF. Bob was on LHI for one week in late April.
How can I stop this behaviour?
Regards,
Peter VK3PF
VK3PF
Novice Class

Post by VK3PF »

As I have been puzzled by this behaviour, I went looking at ClubLog.

Using the ClubLog Call Tester tool, it correctly maps VK2BYF/P to Australia.

Yet if I go to log VK2BYF/p or VK2BYF in Log4OM2, it maps Country to Lord Howe Island.

This suggests that the behaviour might be an issue in Log4OM?

Puzzled.....

Cheers,

Peter VK3PF
VK3PF
Novice Class

Post by VK3PF »

Almost 3 weeks and no response. Very helpful - NOT.
Especially as Bob VK2BYF does a lot of Park activations in VK2, so every single contact needs to be reopened after it is logged and the Country manually changed to Australia, and then the WWFF and other References added again because it does not correctly register when you first add the corrections before hitting SAVE - the program overrules the correct information which I have input, all because of a Clublog EXC which should only apply for a single week of offshore activity on Lord Howe!
Dumb!
Peter VK3PF
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

VK3PF wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 12:41 Almost 3 weeks and no response. Very helpful - NOT.
Especially as Bob VK2BYF does a lot of Park activations in VK2, so every single contact needs to be reopened after it is logged and the Country manually changed to Australia, and then the WWFF and other References added again because it does not correctly register when you first add the corrections before hitting SAVE - the program overrules the correct information which I have input, all because of a Clublog EXC which should only apply for a single week of offshore activity on Lord Howe!
Dumb!
Peter VK3PF
Peter,

This has been looked into and is an item that is still being reviewed. So sorry for your frustration.

I just looked at the Clublog Exception file that was updated July 21, 2021 and the call you noted (vk2byf/9) does resolve to Lord Howe Island. There is a start date of that exception of April 24, 2021 with no end date.

Now, until some clarity can be provided with respect to the data we download from Clublog ... you can go into: Settings / Configuration / Info Providers / Configuration and "untic" the box labeled "Use Clublog data".

I've done some initial testing of that selection (or non-selection as it were) and the vk2byf call then does resolve to AU.

Give that a go to see if it will help you in the meantime.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Nolan,

VK2BYF might have been operating /9 on Lord How in April, or possibly not. As you indicated, that would be a discussion to have with Clublog. Whether he was there or not however, it seems that the call VK2BYF, without the /9, should still show as Australia in Log4OM. They are two different calls, and should be treated differently. Just my thoughts.

Jim N6VH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please be aware that the clublog exception file, that Clublog provided for download and use by external software like Log4OM, does not always contain exactly the same date as provided in the Clublog call tester service on their website.
73 Terry G4POP