Manager import

F6EXV
Old Man

Re: Manager import

Post by F6EXV »

I am sorry Terry, but maybe I do not express myself clear enough....
1/ When there is a manager, that I will want to appear on the QSL card, where do I input it ?
2/I do not care when a station's page on qrz.com says something like "bureau, direct, LoTW ...whatever". I need only ONE QSL info per station
The only info that matters is a human QSL manager, the person that will deal with the DX's cards, like W3HNK does for hundreds of stations.
Other logging programs will retrieve that automatically, why can't Log4OM do the same ?

and again, you talk about historical data... then call the fields 2 different names if they refer to 2 different things.
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Now you change the question from why an input field for a new QSO does not contain the same information as the same field for a previous QSO to a different question

If your question is about Manager details instead of via then search this forum for manager, I found 130+ posts about this and in most answers to them we pointed out the Manager is a depreciated field no longer used by ADIF, it's now import only
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

[/quote]

Your referring to the WORKED BEFORE grid which displays old/historic data!

Since you recorded those QSO'S, including the QSL VIA data, the other station has changed the QSL VIA data on QRZ - So it's different!

WB4 records are your logbook entries Log4om will not change data recorded sometimes years before because it is unlikely to be current data!
[/quote]

I disagree... in 99% of the cases, the QSL manager will be the same. So it is LIKELY to be the current info too.
What about the QSL mùagaers databases that are updated very often and kept current (a change in manager will be recorded, a SK manager will be indicated....
If the data is different, call the fields differently !
As far as I know, this database is availble for any developper... Why not use tools that would be easy to implement ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

G4POP wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 15:46
F6EXV wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 15:39
Since you recorded those QSO'S, including the QSL VIA data, the other station has changed the QSL VIA data on QRZ - So it's different!
WB4 records are your logbook entries Log4om will not change data recorded sometimes years before because it is unlikely to be current data!
If the info is different, call it differently !
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
ah6fx
Advanced Class

Post by ah6fx »

Paul,

I share your concern and frustration of "QSL via manager" information being not available any more. I addressed my problem earlier on this forum. See my posting titled "QSL via Manager" dated 6 January 2021 for details. My posting is long but Terry provided the bottom line.

Below is a copy and paste of Terry's response on why QSL via Manager does not appear. It is not a Log4OM issue which they can resolve. The problem lies with the people who determine what data elements are contained in the adif file which everyone shares. Those "smart" people dropped the "QSL via Manager" data element from the adif format. That means we are out of luck.

Having said that ... I believe Log4OM2 can add that data element so we can use it for whatever purpose ... but it will not be transferable via adif format. Like someone said when responding to you ... QSL manager info is available on QRZ. That may be true in some cases but not all. Also it is meaningless when describing the particular QSL delivery route. To me, via manager has the same meaning as lotw eqst, direct, etc ... it simply shows who/how our QSL request was transmitted. For me ... I sometimes prefer sending QSLs via manager because that usually increases my chances of receiving a return QSL because a "manager" usually volunteers his service to provide QSLs.

Read my 6 January 2021 posting and Terry's below. Have a good day.

Danny
AH6FX/W4 -- Virginia, USA
Terry's response to me:
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team
Re: QSL via Manager
Post by G4POP » 02 Jan 2021, 06:00
The reason for this is because that field was depreciated by the ADIF group some time back and is no longer used except for import, see https://adif.org/311/ADIF_311.htm#QSLVia_Enumeration
Via Description
B bureau
D direct
E electronic
M (import-only) manager (import-only)
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
I do not care about adif....
I am again asking :
In the F7 window, there is a field called QSL via
In the F2 window, there is a field called QSL via

The content is different, while it is supposed to show the QSL manager. The qrz.com info is irrelevant... Showing something like "direct, bureau, LoTW" (retrieved from qrz.com)does not say which way I will send the card , if I do send one.
Regardless of the way I send a card, the manager is the usefull info.

But I will not insist, as when I mentioned list of QSL info are available, I am just sorry they cannot be imported.
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (131.17 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Here what I see here...
Attachments
QSLVIA.jpg
QSLVIA.jpg (91.32 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No Your refering to the WB4 window and of course it can be different because the other persons QSL via details may change over time or he might stop confirming altogether.

e.g. Years ago I was at a different QTH which was very sought after so I employed a QSL manager, now I am retired and have moved home I no longer use a manager and my QRZ lookup reflects that. Any QSO's made for my old QTH would be confirmed by the manager and the OLD record would display that, whereas now I dont use a manager so any new QSO's will not display the same QSL via details.

What is displayed in the historic data either in WB4 or recent QSO's is what was recorded at that time, not what is true today

The LIVE lookup done when you insert a call sign collects the information from the on line lookup source you choose - NOT from an old QSO and inserts that information in the F2 field

Your example lookup is blank in F2, probably because your using QRZ and because your only a 'Ham Member' who does not pay for the QRZ XML lookup service so the QRZ download API does not include the full data.

This is the result of a lookup of the same call as in your screen shot but it shows a lot more detail because I am a paid XML member of QRZ not a free Ham Member - You will note the QSL Via information is now different to your old record because the other person has changed it - Your lookup does not even show a grid square or the state and full address! because your not an XML subscriber

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.63 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

OK, I understand.
So, because I am not a paid member, if I double-click on the QSO, and manually add the QSL info I will have found myself, shouldn't it be copied by Log4OM onto the QSL via of the Info (F2) screen ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV