FLRig transceiver controller

CT1BXX
Old Man

FLRig transceiver controller

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,
Before I start making big changes to my configuration and for fear of doing something wrong I would like to launch an SOS... So here I am to ask for your help/opinion :P

I would like to use FLRIG as a radio controller because it has some features that I find interesting, but there is a problem: FlRig does not work with Omnirig. FLRig just uses Hamlib or connect directly to the radio.
So, to use it, I should use Hamlib, but as I have JTDX and at the same time PSTRotator, I need Omnirig to control the remote antenna switch.
I wondered if it will be possible to use Omnirig for PSTRotator + Log4om + JTDX and simultaneously use FLRIG & FLDIGI using the port that is in VSPE.

I hope I got the idea across, I join a diagram.
A long time ago, I had already mentioned this topic, but I think I was not very clear and then I return to the subject in an attempt to be clearer.
Thanks so much for your help.
vpse.jpg
vpse.jpg (21.37 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: FLRig transceiver controller

Post by G4POP »

What radio?
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Terry
Radio is Kenwood TS 990
Thanks.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

CT1BXX wrote: 17 Jan 2021, 20:46 Terry
Radio is Kenwood TS 990
Thanks.
Having looked at the user guide for the TS990 I see that it has both a normal serial CAT interface socket and a USB connection for the same function.

Assuming that you can use these connections separately as you can with Icom radios by a menu selection? I would use FLRig/Hamlib with one com port and Omnirig with the other.

See the Log4OM user guide for an IC7300 set up and you should be able to do similar with the TS990
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

G4POP wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 13:21
Having looked at the user guide for the TS990 I see that it has both a normal serial CAT interface socket and a USB connection for the same function.

Assuming that you can use these connections separately as you can with Icom radios by a menu selection? I would use FLRig/Hamlib with one com port and Omnirig with the other.

See the Log4OM user guide for an IC7300 set up and you should be able to do similar with the TS990

Terry thank you very much for your comment.
Although my radio has both ports, I still don't know if this type of function is possible, but I'll try.
I will have to buy a USB to DB9 adapter, but only after confinement, which will take a long time. The Covid situation is dramatic here.
Thank you very much.