QSO Editing window slow to come up

wa8mdc
Novice Class

QSO Editing window slow to come up

Post by wa8mdc »

First I want to thank the entire Log4OM team for developing a very fine piece of software. I love Log4OM and can't imagine being a ham radio operator without it.

I am asking for suggestions on how I can speed up the QSO edit feature. When I double click a contact in my recent contacts window to edit an entry, which I frequently do because I forget to log some information during the contact and want to do it afterward, it takes more than a full minute for the edit window to come up and be ready to accept entries. I have Log4OM and Omni-rig running for rig control and am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. The only other software running at the time is my Google Chrome browser. I have just over 2000 entries in my log book and am using SQL lite for my data base. I have a conventual hard drive on my PC and am wondering if I went to a solid state drive if this would help? Any and all suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Jim - WA8MDC
WA8MDC - Jim
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSO Editing window slow to come up

Post by G4POP »

1 turn off Google chrome it's very resource intensive

2. What version of Log4om - See help/about
73 Terry G4POP
wa8mdc
Novice Class

Post by wa8mdc »

Thanks Terry

I am running v 2.11.0.0 Shutting down Chrome did help now it only takes about 20 seconds to bring up the QSO edit window as opposed to over a minute.

Thanks,
Jim - WA8MDC
WA8MDC - Jim
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Jim,

I've been experiencing some browser issues over the past couple of months. I have several on my laptop to choose from anymore, but have settled into using "Brave". It is a very fast and lightweight browser.

Has a built-in adblocker as well so don't have to add any extensions for that routine. The Brave browser and DuckDuckGo for a search engine helps keep me a step away from total domination by 'google' which I don't really care for. More privacy with Brave and DuckDuckGo.

I've been using it exclusively now for the past month. Below is a link to their main webpage.

https://brave.com/
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Check your anti virus software has an exception for Log4om

BTW that blasted Chrome browser has many background threads still running when the browser is closed that's why I won't have it on any of my computers
73 Terry G4POP