Cluster Spot Filtering

VA7RPE
Novice Class

Cluster Spot Filtering

Post by VA7RPE »

I am currently using VE7CC cluster only. I'm based in Vancouver, BC Canada. For cluster spots I want to have finer filtering then "NA" that is available in Log4OM. I set a server filter using the cluster software. The filter is set for AB, BC, WA which is my province and the 2 neighboring ones. The sh/filter command sent to the cluster via Log4OM show them as active. However the cluster reporting in the "Cluster/Cluster" tab still shows all spots (not filtered).

What am I missing in the setup to have Log4OM show only the spots close to me?

(BTW. I do have screenshots but can't work out how to insert/attach them in this post. When I try to attach them I get a message that the file is too large. If I make the image smaller it is unreadable.)
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Spot Filtering

Post by KI5IO »

VA7RPE wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 17:51 I am currently using VE7CC cluster only. I'm based in Vancouver, BC Canada. For cluster spots I want to have finer filtering then "NA" that is available in Log4OM. I set a server filter using the cluster software. The filter is set for AB, BC, WA which is my province and the 2 neighboring ones. The sh/filter command sent to the cluster via Log4OM show them as active. However the cluster reporting in the "Cluster/Cluster" tab still shows all spots (not filtered).

What am I missing in the setup to have Log4OM show only the spots close to me?

(BTW. I do have screenshots but can't work out how to insert/attach them in this post. When I try to attach them I get a message that the file is too large. If I make the image smaller it is unreadable.)
Rob,

Have you set up your cluster connection? Connect / Telnet Cluster / Connection

This is where you would set up and connect o ve7cc or other clusters. I've attached an image of my current Connections. I connect to n4zkf-1 and ve7cc-1 which are (for all intents and purposes) the same cluster. I do this as a bit of a backup when Lee's site is slammed with WX conditions and sometimes goes off-line.

I do a lot of granular settings in the CC User login to ve7cc and n4zkf as I tweak for my QTH in North Texas.

Let me know if this gets you in the right direction?
Attachments
Cluster-Login.JPG
Cluster-Login.JPG (70.68 KiB) Viewed 2619 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
VA7RPE
Novice Class

Post by VA7RPE »

I am able to connect to the cluster. Here is a screenshot of the connection after I send the sh/filter command to the cluster:

As you can see it's reporting spots outside of my filter parameters.

1. Have you waited for a few minutes for the filters to action or is the cluster shot directly after opening?

2. In CCUser software have you checked the cluster results to see if the filters set at VE7CC are actually working?
Attachments
Screenshot 1.jpeg
Screenshot 1.jpeg (44.87 KiB) Viewed 2616 times
log4om cluster 1.jpeg
log4om cluster 1.jpeg (168.5 KiB) Viewed 2616 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

Can you provide a screen shot of the "Connection" Tab like I posted above from my installation?
Plano, TX
VA7RPE
Novice Class

Post by VA7RPE »

Here you go:
Log4om Cluster Connection.jpg
Log4om Cluster Connection.jpg (95.84 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

Couple more things:

Make sure the ve7cc-1 login script is blank. See my script for ve7cc-1 below. If you are sending "sh/dx100" it will bring down 'all' dx.

You also have to wait for a spell of time once you login so that the initial cluster feed will clear and your personal filters to show.

You can also try to send ... "sh/mydx100" ... from the "Send Command" line on the Cluster Management / Management tab and see what results you get.

Attachments
ve7cc_login-commands.JPG
ve7cc_login-commands.JPG (85.1 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
Plano, TX
VA7RPE
Novice Class

Post by VA7RPE »

Hi Nolan,

Apologies for the long wait for a response. I was dealing with the ARRL contest this weekend. :)

I tried commenting the sh/mydx out of the initialization commands as you suggested however I'm still getting spots from all over.

Rob
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

Can you also post an image of your details for the ve7cc cluster that you are using to connect with from within Log4OM V2? Just as if you are going to edit that particular cluster. It would be an image similar to what I posted above.

Did you do all your filter selection settings from within CC User while logged into the ve7cc cluster?

Are you using the same login ID from CC User and Log4OM V2 or do you have 'many multiple' logins and thus using the SSID extension? Typically all logins under a value of -15 get all the same filtering. Values of -16 and up are individually discreet.

If you are using SSID values that may be affecting your filters being seen ... or not.

I know, I know .... more data is needed to get to the bottom of this for you.
Plano, TX
VA7RPE
Novice Class

Post by VA7RPE »

Screenshot as requested:
Log4OM VE7CC Cluster Settings.jpg
Log4OM VE7CC Cluster Settings.jpg (117.05 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Here are my answers to your questions:

Did you do all your filter selection settings from within CC User while logged into the ve7cc cluster?
>Yes

Are you using the same login ID from CC User and Log4OM V2 or do you have 'many multiple' logins and thus using the SSID extension? Typically all logins under a value of -15 get all the same filtering. Values of -16 and up are individually discreet.
>Same login ID
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

OK ... for sure you now have me scratching my head.

When you have CC User open/running do you see the results of your filter selections? (I'm sure you do, but just asking).

Often when first turning on Log4OM V2 the first download of cluster data is a 'full blast' of data, but after a bit of time the filtered feed starts to populate the cluster windows. I mentioned this in a post above as well.

There is something that I'm overlooking on this and will reach out to Terry for some additional assistance unless I have a serious AHA moment.
Plano, TX