QSL Confirmation struggle

KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL Confirmation struggle

Post by KI5IO »

PA3BZT wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 09:02 And the struggle keeps going on for me.
No one to explain in simple wordings how to deal with the confirmation settings?

Fred, PA3BZT
Fred,

I sent you a personal e-mail yesterday and have not heard back from you. I used your gmail address.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PA3BZT wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 09:02 And the struggle keeps going on for me.
No one to explain in simple wordings how to deal with the confirmation settings?

Fred, PA3BZT
Just imagine your old paper log!

If you had sent a card the QSO was marked card sent = Yes

If you had not sent a card the QSO was NOT marked - Us old stagers use N (NO) for this in Log4OM meaning NO I have not sent a card at this time.

Until you received a card your paper log was not marked for the QSL received - Again us oldies use N (No) for this in Log4OM line No I have not received a card.

When a card was received you checked the box or wrote Yes in the QSL RX column - Thats what OM use in Log4OM

If you apply those rules to LOTW, QRZ etc just the same you have cracked it

The only other QSL Card sent status I use sometimes is 'Ignore' for example for my friends on my daily net, they dont want to be swamped with cards from G4POP, one is enough!
73 Terry G4POP
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

No need to make it more complex than necessary. I upload ALL my contacts, usually on a daily basis, to LoTW, eQSL, QRZ.com, Club Log, and all the other online services before I switch off my computer. Therefore, all is set to ‚Y‘.

As mentioned before, for paper QSL cards, it works the same way like in a paper log. Either you have sent a QSL card (Y) or not. How you handle the ‚not‘ case depends on you. Leave the field empty or set it to no (N) if you have not sent a card and only want to answer incoming card.

I usually set my QSL sent status to requested ‚R‘ and print them once a month (or every second). I use ignore (I) for people who indicate, that they are not using the bureau or where I already send a QSL for this band/mode slot. Additionally, I also use the DARC QSL Card printing Service (mainly for different short time activations like castles, SOTA, … where I want different QSL cards). In this case I set the status to queued (Q), because I will upload an ADIF file to the DARC server, and not print a QSL label myself.

Log4OM is very flexible and can adopt to your use case, not the other way around.

Claus
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ