QSL via Bureau

CT1BXX
Old Man

QSL via Bureau

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,
I was preparing to print labels for QSL via the Bureau and I came across a situation that seems strange to me. Perhaps it is a lack of understanding on my part, but I would like help in this regard.

How is it possible to have the indication that the station changes QSL and meanwhile the message “ the user indicates he does not exchange QSL” appears ...?

QSL.jpg
QSL.jpg (212.14 KiB) Viewed 1714 times

Grateful for your help
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QSL via Bureau

Post by G4POP »

Surely "Direct with SASE" (Self addressed stamped envelope) means that he will send you a card providing you send him a SASE. That's the same as exchanging a QSL
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

G4POP wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 11:00 Surely "Direct with SASE" (Self addressed stamped envelope) means that he will send you a card providing you send him a SASE. That's the same as exchanging a QSL
Terry,
Thank you for your comment, but allow me to get back to the subject and try to explain my doubt.

As you can see in the upper part QSL Via textBox we also have: "... or Bureau". After all he also changes QSL via Bureau, in addition doing it with SASE.

If he exchanges QSL, ( with SASE or Bureau), I think the message below “ the user indicates he does not exchange QSL” ,does not make sense, because in reality he exchanges QSL.

I hope I was able to explain my doubt to you, there is probably something that I am not seeing correctly.

QSL.jpg
QSL.jpg (74.32 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Ah! sorry Manuel I missed the NOT element of your post, I will ask Lele to check this but I suspect its information received from QRZ via the API
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Terry i think you´re right. That problem is made by AB1WG himself and the info´s he stored at qrz.com.
Think Lele can´t do anything about this.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

This label indicate that the user set the "exchange paper QSL flag" to FALSE in the external source (hamqth or similar) and it's an additional information respect of what Log4OM determined.
The new text (not final) will be: "the user indicates on the search engine used that he does not exchange QSL or doesn't provide any information about"

The "qsl" flag has different meanings in the different search engines, so this could drive to different behaviours, but this is out of our control

I've found that the bit is inverted so the image seems visibile when it should not.
Packing a beta and uploading for alpha and beta testing
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH