More options for Default Row Count View

vk1hx
Advanced Class

More options for Default Row Count View

Post by vk1hx »

Hi Log3OM team,

Is there anyway (other than a program update) to add more selection options for the "GRID default row count"?
I have 12,500 contacts and each time I start log4OM it will only load a max of 10,000 contacts. I have to put "0" in the max: box and refresh every time.

I would be nice to set the max limit to any value (to load your entire logbook). Yes I understand it will have an impact on the time taken to load the program etc, however I'd like to have the flexibility to either set any max limit or have it save the "0" to load all contacts on startup.

Cheers
Phil - VK1HX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: More options for Default Row Count View

Post by G4POP »

Change the value in the program config it will then be persistent

Why do you want to view all qso it slows refresh? Any search is done on all of your qso's not just those being viewed
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Sorry but I inadvertently deleted your last post but here is the answer. :oops:

Did you realise that if you filter or lookup a call the complete log is filtered, sorted, searched etc, not just the QSO's set to be viewed? So you dont have to have your complete log displayed to be able to search it for a particular QSO or country worked etc

So setting the maximum viewable to include all entries only means that you have a longer list to look at and has no effect on the working of the program.
73 Terry G4POP
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

Thanks Terry,

Yes I understand all those options for searching/filtering etc. I was just after the ability to set 0 to load the entire contacts list. Each time I open up log4OM I set the max: to 0 in the box on the bottom right corner and hit the refresh button to load all QSO's. I was seeing if I could avoid the manual process each time.

All good, I think I got my answer.

I had replied about another feature that has come up on my recent QSO (logbook) which now displays the first column called Row and gives a number to each line. This is great because I have had issues in the past with my logbook and errors uploading to external sites. Log4OM would tell me that it was on line such and such, which I then had to count the lines/rows and hopefully get the right one. I went into the edit table layout option however there is no "Row" option to tick. So I am not sure how this came about. It was there after I upgraded to v2.13.

Cheers
Phil