QSL Printing

CT1BXX
Old Man

QSL Printing

Post by CT1BXX »

I need your help to understand the proper functioning of QSL printing.

First, I have always printed my labels for qsl on Log4OM, but to select the ones I intend to send by Bureau, and the ones that I will send directly, or that I do not want to send, I end up doing it in a way that I think is not appropriate and then the doubts arise and that's why I come looking for your experience.
Before writing to the forum I tried to understand the dynamics through the manual, but I believe that due to my lack of understanding, I was unable to reach a conclusion. I believe that everything is very simple, the mistake must be mine for not looking in the right angle. :?

1 When I am making a contact, I have no way of indicating that this QSL will follow via Direct or via Bureau or Electronic in TAB "Extended info F5". To do this I have to save the QSO and then edit and now, in the "Edit QSO" I can do it. Wouldn't it be useful to do that too when we are recording a QSO?
I believe that if this were possible if the user wanted right now to indicate how to send the QSL the final result would be easier, because when it was to print he would choose Via Bureau and would have all those who were really via Bureau, or direct if it were the case.

2 QSL Manager : In my case in QSL Manager, if I choose via "Bureau" I end up having a contact whose field "QSL Via" appears "No bureau cards"

3 Label Print : Similar situation if in “QSL Sent via” I choose Bureau I have those that in QSL Via Column some appears “No Bureau” and also Direct ones.

I am sure that this has a logical reason for being, but I cannot understand the organic, sorry :oops:

For me everything seemed simpler if the user wished, he choose how he will send the QSL right in the initial act of registering the QSO –( Whoever did not want to follow it, could go on as it is now ) - and then when in the Label Print in the option "QSL Sent via" if we choose Bureau, then came the ones we noted as such: sending via bureau.

In summary and an overview: In ADD QSO F5 TAB we are unable to indicate how we wish to send the QSL (Bureau, Direct, Electronic)
In the QSL Manager we have in Via (Undefined, Bureau, Direct, Electronic)
In Label Print we have QSL Sent via (Bureau, Direct, Electronic)

One final question; do you use the "Undefinded" option? In what situations? :oops:
Sorry for such a long post, but it is an attempt to better understand this label printing department. :x

Thanks for reading, enjoy weekend.
Log4om V 2.13
Windows 10 Pro 32b
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX