Why doesn't Log4om like West Virginia?

k4em
Advanced Class

Why doesn't Log4om like West Virginia?

Post by k4em »

I found 2 Belgium FT8 qso's marked as WV in the state column. The address of OO9A is located in West-Vlaanderen and is abbreviated as Wv in 'His Details' and WV in QRZ.com. When I look at these 2 OO9A qso's the state column show's WV, I assume no state should show up for Belgium.
Should other countries 'states' be listed as 'Provence's' not states?
Also I am missing 23 FT8 West Virginia qso's, I had fixed this issue back in August after I started using Log4om but it seems to be an issue again. I'm not sure which Log4OM upgrade reverted back to missing WV qso's. I looked at the last ACLog file before I started using Log4OM and the WV qso's are there.

Thanks,
Dave
k4em
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Why doesn't Log4om like West Virginia?

Post by G4POP »

I suspect the other station used Wv in his QRZ page instead of West Vlaanderen for the state/prefecture which is beyond our control.

As for the bona fide WV states I just checked and its fine in my database, perhaps rebuild the references for WAS?

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (141.79 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
73 Terry G4POP
k4em
Advanced Class

Re: Why doesn't Log4om like West Virginia?

Post by k4em »

I changed the State in the QSO's that were showing VA instead of WV to WV. I didn't realize I also had to REMOVE the 'WAS@VA' in Award Refs too. So all looks OK now.
I remember changing the state to WV back in Aug 2020 when I first installed Log4OM, when I first saw the errors. I didn't remove the WAS@VA ref under Award Refs.
There were actually 2 State references; WAS@VA & WAS@WV in Award refs. So maybe when I installed the new 2.13 Log4OM version it took the first state reference WAS@VA that was left over from the first instance in 08/2020.
Anyway all looks good now.

Dave
k4em