Erratic behavior from Log4OM 2

G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Erratic behavior from Log4OM 2

Post by G4POP »

What happens if you use log4om standalone - No other software running?

Have you tried a CLEAN install?
73 Terry G4POP
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

Post by K4SHQ »

To answer questions:
1. Yes I have done a clean install with a reboot prior to install.
2. Log4OM running by itself (no other ham software running) seems to run just fine over a period of several hours.

I think I have narrowed the search down somewhat. Tests continue. Just a few minutes ago I attempted to close Log4OM 2, and it wouldn't close. I had logged several QSO's OK but the last QSO did not show on the list of Recent QSO's list in Log4OM. I forced Log4OM to close via Task Manager. When I restarted, the last QSO appeared in the Recent QSO's list.
So now I'm wondering if JTAlert and Log4OM communications are somehow missing an "End of Communications" flag. Log4OM is still listening and JTAlert things it's been sent. A few seconds after sending QSO data, JTAlert searches for the QSO in Log4OM to verify successful logging. I don't recall JTAlert reporting that success or failure. I will pay more attention to that detail.
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

Post by K4SHQ »

Apparently .NET 5.0.8 is now the latest. JTAlert 2.50.1 requires it and there is a download like on the JTAlert website. So I've upgraded to that. Log4OM has shown signs of being happy several hours after being started. Hopefully it will continue to be happy.
Thanks for your help.
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ