Signal and Reliability Cluster Columns Not working anymore?

W6SOX
Novice Class

Signal and Reliability Cluster Columns Not working anymore?

Post by W6SOX »

Hi - I haven't used Log4OM for several months. Just updated to new version and now I'm finding that the Signal and Reliability columns on the cluster view are initially empty. If I reload solar data and wait a while (10 -20 minutes) eventually some data appears but most of the entries are still blank. These data were always there in the past right away.

Has something changed in the algorithm or settings? Do I need to update some resource for the new version or clear some data file?

Thanks
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Signal and Reliability Cluster Columns Not working anymore?

Post by KI5IO »

W6SOX wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 15:14 Hi - I haven't used Log4OM for several months. Just updated to new version and now I'm finding that the Signal and Reliability columns on the cluster view are initially empty. If I reload solar data and wait a while (10 -20 minutes) eventually some data appears but most of the entries are still blank. These data were always there in the past right away.

Has something changed in the algorithm or settings? Do I need to update some resource for the new version or clear some data file?

Thanks
Michael,

Usually the "Solar Data" is loaded twice at the start-up of Log4OM V2. This is what then triggers the data for those columns you noted.

There are times that the "Solar Data" is not loaded twice. I've been experiencing the same thing for many months and we've been trying to nail down the reason for the occasional anomaly.

The Solar Data routine will run again at approximately one hour after the initial startup. Take a look at: Settings / Configuration / Program Scheduler to see when many of the background services will run.

You can also manually run the Reload of Solar Data at: Settings / Maintenance / Reload Solar Data Once it reloads you will get the notification in the Information Icon that is adjacent to the Note Field in the Main UI.

After a restart if I don't see the data in the respective columns in about 5-minutes or so I will run the Reload Solar Data and resolve.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W6SOX
Novice Class

Post by W6SOX »

Thanks Nolan. So I see what you referred to. However, even after the update, very few of the cluster rows have any reliability or signal data My memory is that in the past, there were values for almost all the entries in the table. Has something changed about when these numbers are generated? I noticed a setting for VOACAP Propagation related to the minimum signal level for reliability calculation - I don't know what this was before, but wondered if perhaps it's related to this?

I changed that value from 50 to 35, and I get this result:

https://www.screencast.com/t/FH7Q1LltujHn

Thanks,
Michael
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W6SOX wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 16:27 Thanks Nolan. So I see what you referred to. However, even after the update, very few of the cluster rows have any reliability or signal data My memory is that in the past, there were values for almost all the entries in the table. Has something changed about when these numbers are generated? I noticed a setting for VOACAP Propagation related to the minimum signal level for reliability calculation - I don't know what this was before, but wondered if perhaps it's related to this?

I changed that value from 50 to 35, and I get this result:

https://www.screencast.com/t/FH7Q1LltujHn

Thanks,
Michael
Michael,

I don't often use the SuperCluster, but have turned it on to run with my ve7cc cluster feed. When I first turned it on the data columns you noted were not great for feeds from both clusters so I pretty much set it aside to being the general lack of good band/solar conditions.

I've kept both clusters running and just grabbed a clip from this morning's feed and all seems to be working FB as best I can determine.

My Threshold slider is barely two clicks from the full-left side whatever percentage that relates to. I've often just left the Threshold at the full-left side.

Check again today and let me know if your values are any better ... or 'not'.

Image below has feeds from both the ve7cc cluster and SuperCluster. I have the Cluster Name column noted in my display and you can easily see ve7cc.net:23. The partial view (limited by my column wide sizing) for the SuperCluster is: https://www.... .

Both seem to be showing valid data.
Attachments
Cluster-supercluster.JPG
Cluster-supercluster.JPG (149.68 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
Plano, TX
LB4MI
Advanced Class

Post by LB4MI »

Hi,
just to let you know that I also have this issue.
I have been wondering if it may be caused by the RBN used as "cluster", which generates very much data - and that Log4OM can't handle to calculate each RBN "spot".

However - this did work fine in the previous version of Log4OM, so it is something new.
Let me know if I should provide any data to assist, in case you need more sources. (Anotheruser has also "reported" the same on the FB site. I was on my way to create a ticket when I found this thread)

Helge.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

As is noted above by Helge - LB4MI ... "if" one is using the RBN the increased traffic may be linked to all the needed processing time.

Why not turn "off" the RBN and just connect with a regular cluster that is a tad more moderate in data-flow? Then see what results happen.

Just another step in isolation / trouble-shooting.
Plano, TX
LB4MI
Advanced Class

Post by LB4MI »

Hi,
I have de-activated the RBN now, and only using "normal" clusters.

No result, after 10 minutes of "waiting" while the spot's are showing as normal

(For some reason I get "File to large" when trying to upload picture, 200kb, tonight, but it was only showing my connected clusters ant the missing Reliability info)
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

LB4MI wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 20:06 Hi,
I have de-activated the RBN now, and only using "normal" clusters.

No result, after 10 minutes of "waiting" while the spot's are showing as normal

(For some reason I get "File to large" when trying to upload picture, 200kb, tonight, but it was only showing my connected clusters ant the missing Reliability info)
Helge,

Occasionally I make a screen clip too large as well. I just use my File Manager and resize the image to either: Large - 1024x768 or Medium - 800-600. Those are the default sizes that come up for me to choose from and makes it easy.
Plano, TX