Issue with CAT control

5B4APB
Novice Class

Issue with CAT control

Post by 5B4APB »

Dear All,

I am facing a very weird issue. I will try to describe the issue and please be kind because i haven't found a solution yet.

Radio: xiegu G90

I haven't found a way to have a stable CAT control for log4om. It gets disconnected randomly with both hamlib and Omnirig. If i connect the Radio to FLRIG works perfect without disconnections but the problem is that i haven't found a way yet if there is one to connect Log4OM and FLRIG.

I really love log4om and i don't want to change the software. Please give me your best knowledge so i can sort this software issue asap.

73s
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Issue with CAT control

Post by KI5IO »

Joseph,

I did a search of the Forum and came up with these links. There might be something there that will be of assistance.

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php? ... G90#p35538

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php? ... =xiegu+G90
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
5B4APB
Novice Class

Post by 5B4APB »

Thank you for your reply. My case is a bit different.
G90 Connects to omnirig one day might working ok and then for a week might not. this is random
So i used Flrig to connect the radio as a test. Flrig is stable and is not loosing connection at all.
I can't really explain why this happens. Settings are correct they have been checked more than 5 times. I believe the issue is with Omnirig it self.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

5B4APB wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 05:51 Thank you for your reply. My case is a bit different.
G90 Connects to omnirig one day might working ok and then for a week might not. this is random
So i used Flrig to connect the radio as a test. Flrig is stable and is not loosing connection at all.
I can't really explain why this happens. Settings are correct they have been checked more than 5 times. I believe the issue is with Omnirig it self.
Joseph,

Another of our Alpha Team has/uses a G90 so when he has a chance he will likely step in with some suggestions as well. His (as I recall) is working FB with Omnirig.

Couple questions: Which version of Log4OM V2 are you using? What version of OmniRig are you using? Here's hoping you are not using the Swiss version. Are you running all applications in Administrator level?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
5B4APB
Novice Class

Post by 5B4APB »

I use the latest version of Log4OM. all are up to date. I use the original Omnirig software not the swiss one. And yes all softwares run on Administrator level
Today i changed my settings on Omnirig so far seems stable but i would like some other input from the fellow Radio Operator who uses the G90 aswell