Dupes

F6EXV
Old Man

Dupes

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
My Log4OM shows 8330 QSOs, while the count on another logging program tells me there are 7727 QSOs.
I suspect there are some dupes in the L4Om log, but is there a way to check if it is true, other than reviewing the QSOs one by one ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Dupes

Post by G4POP »

Locate a dupe and ascertain why its a dupe, probably the QSO start time will be slightly different?

If thats the case export an adif of the logbook

Create a new logbook

Import the ADIF file but set the 'Duplicates threshold' time to about 30 minutes which cause all dupes with a start time difference of less than 30 minutes to be rejected during import.

If the cause was the start time difference then its because you had an FTxxx for data program set up incorrectly for logging in Log4OM, like you were importing using UDP and also ADIF monitor.
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

In order to do that, I have cloned the initial database, erased all the QSOs in the clone, and imported the exported adif, using 1800 sec for dupe check.
Now I get 7718 QSOs.
Is there a way to compare both databases so it tells me which QSO have been eliminated ?
I just want to make sure they were indeed dupes, as I do not want to loose any QSO !

Then the next question is : can I delete the initial database (F4KMA) and rename F4KMA(clone) to F4KMA ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Now a very strange thing is happening...
I have a log on Log4OM which shows 7718 QSOs
I export into Adif file #1), and then import that adif file into that other logging program : it then shows 7730 QSOs. I export that log into adif (file #2)
In order to compare them, I read these 2 adif files with Adif master.
The first QSO I find as supposedly missing on the Log4OM log is UR6QX. I see it on file #2, but it does not show on file #1.
In order to make sure, I search the log (in Log4OM) for a QSO with UR6QX, and sure it is there....
In other words, that QSO was exported, but does not show !!!!!!!!!!!! How is this possible ? It's like if it was hidden....

How come a QSO in Log4OM does not show in the exported adif file, but is really in the log ? This is driving me crazy...
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Oh well... I did the thing one more time, and now all seams to be fine... good number of QSOs on both logs....
Still puzzled, but since the problem is solved, no more worry ...
Sorry for bandwidth !
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV