Folder deletion

g4cfp
Advanced Class

Folder deletion

Post by g4cfp »

Having checked my program files folder in Windows 10 I have noticed I have two folders one called Log4OM and the other one called Log4OM NextGen, is it safe to uninstall the the log4OM program in the folder log4OM as I'm using log4OM NextGen?

Thanks

Bill G4CFP
Bill G4CFP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Folder deletion

Post by G4POP »

bbones wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 18:32 Having checked my program files folder in Windows 10 I have noticed I have two folders one called Log4OM and the other one called Log4OM NextGen, is it safe to uninstall the the log4OM program in the folder log4OM as I'm using log4OM NextGen?

Thanks

Bill G4CFP

What's the path to the folders and what files do they contain?
73 Terry G4POP
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Hi Terry

They are both in sub folders in C:/windows/IW3HMH/

One folder is called Log4OM and the other is called Log4OM NextGen and both contain what looks to be full program files if I run the executable in the Log4OM folder the program launches as version 1.40.00 but contains no data however if I run the executable in the Log4OM NextGen folder the program launches as version 2.14.1.0 (my current version with data) with a reminder that there is a new version available which I have not yet updated.

It very much looks like the folder Log4OM folder contains the old version 1 program which was not removed when I updated to version 2

Thanks for your support

Regards

Bill G4CFP
Bill G4CFP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Bill,

Log4OM V1 does not get deleted when you install V2. They are two completely different APPs. You can actually run both at the same time if you choose.

I did that when we were first testing V2 in the Alpha & Beta releases, but I've not had V1 turned on in so long I can't recall anymore.

I've left my V1 files in place just in case of the need to help provide support at any given time. Lele is not doing any updates/upgrades to V1 at all any more.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Bill,
If you no longer use V1 then delete the folder Log4OM, I am surprised that it is still there if you uninstalled V1!
73 Terry G4POP
g4cfp
Advanced Class

Post by g4cfp »

Cheers Terry, all sorted

Regards

Bill
Bill G4CFP