Very Slow QRZ Lookup and Map Rendering

KH6CT

Very Slow QRZ Lookup and Map Rendering

Post by KH6CT »

Greetings...

Recently I've noticed that, after entering a callsign (either manually or by clicking on a spot), the QRZ page lookup takes forever as well as do the map renderings. While waiting, I can enter the callsign on QRZ's webpage and get immediate results. Am a QRZ lookup subscriber and the computer is a very healthy Dell, so processor speed, RAM, and the SSD can't be the problem. Didn't have the issue with the previous versions, but the latest is frustrating me. Just don't understand why a lookup via Log4OM can be slow while lookup via the QRZ webpage is so fast.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks and 73, Steve KH6CT
PE5TT
Advanced Class

Re: Very Slow QRZ Lookup and Map Rendering

Post by PE5TT »

This is also my experience, but i found out it is not QRZ here, if i disable QRZ or any info providor it still takes some seconds before al fields are filled and the input is released again. if a type a callsign and do it a bit to slowly it starts searching and i can't input anything till the search is finished, i have about 12000 QSO in the data base could that be the problem ? and here also hardware is not the problem.
73 Marcel de PE5TT www.daverveld.eu
M0TNX
Novice Class

Post by M0TNX »

Likewise, I am experiencing this issue also.
n1drs
Novice Class

Post by n1drs »

Started having this problem , Anyway to fix it?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

n1drs wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 18:12 Started having this problem , Anyway to fix it?
Dave,

Have you scanned through the thread below that appears to be similar to what you and others have noted?

Take the time to read through it and note (toward the end/last page of posts) that Lele has commented and offered some suggestions.

This is an intermittent issue and more data needs to be collected from those of y'all who are experiencing the problem.

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?t=7726
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX