CAT control forgets settings

m7jex

CAT control forgets settings

Post by m7jex »

Per title, no settings stick. Spent most of the day trying to solve it. Gave up and downgraded to earlier version where it all works.
Why push updates if things break?
The latest release isn't marked as beta...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT control forgets settings

Post by G4POP »

m7jex wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 15:39 Per title, no settings stick. Spent most of the day trying to solve it. Gave up and downgraded to earlier version where it all works.
Why push updates if things break?
The latest release isn't marked as beta...
Had you searched the forum you would have seen that we unfortunately had a bug with 2.16 and so did the latest version of Hamlib for which we apologised but sometimes these things do slip pass our VOLUNTEER test team, so berating us further is not productive.

We cold not release a fix quickly because August is a holiday period and we have families to consider, when we can return to full time coding there will be a fix released which as in the case of the software will be totally free of charge to our users

We also suggested in the other threads about this that if you swapped to Omnirig it would overcome the problem until we can get an update released.

However if it is of critical importance to you please email me and I will provide an update to resolve this issue.
73 Terry G4POP
m7jex

Re: CAT control forgets settings

Post by m7jex »

Thanks for the info. Not berating you at all. Its very annoying when something so good as this just works as it should, then along comes an update that ruins everything.

Its the same for all software. I realise you are volunteer testers, but how can something like that be missed?

How were you able to connect to the radio if the cat control does not work as it should and how is it possible for it not to be seen in testing between a group of you?

I'm happy on the lower version, but thanks for your kind offer of help.

Again, not berating anyone over there, its just annoying. I did read a similar post, but wondered if there was some kind of patch released since then, hence my post.

All the best.