My call is automatically spotted

PD5JOS
Novice Class

My call is automatically spotted

Post by PD5JOS »

Hello fellow LO4OM users.

I would like to know how I can turn off the autospot of my own call. It seems that when I use the Supercluster, which brings in the spots of logged calls via LOTW, I also project myself onto the cluster as PD5JOS without any spotter. Friends always asked me why are you doing this. And because im searching over the band the info/freq is always outdated. I would like this feature to turn off, anyone know the solution?

'73 Jos de PD5JOS
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: My call is automatically spotted

Post by KI5IO »

PD5JOS wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 14:01 Hello fellow LO4OM users.

I would like to know how I can turn off the autospot of my own call. It seems that when I use the Supercluster, which brings in the spots of logged calls via LOTW, I also project myself onto the cluster as PD5JOS without any spotter. Friends always asked me why are you doing this. And because im searching over the band the info/freq is always outdated. I would like this feature to turn off, anyone know the solution?

'73 Jos de PD5JOS
Jos,

It is possible that you have the HRDLog "on-air" box tic'd.

Look at: Settings / Configuration / External Services / HRDLOG.NET

Attachments
HRDlog_on-air.JPG
HRDlog_on-air.JPG (63.44 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
PD5JOS
Novice Class

Post by PD5JOS »

Hi Nloan,

Yes that box was ticked. Now unticked, hopefully this will solve the issue. Will let it know. Thanks

Jos
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

PD5JOS wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 18:45 Hi Nloan,

Yes that box was ticked. Now unticked, hopefully this will solve the issue. Will let it know. Thanks

Jos
Jos,

As an aside comment ... I was doing some FT8 runs over last couple of days with WSJTx and a direct connection to Log4OM.

I will often seen a "you've been spotted" banner do a quick flash in the Main UI just under the callsign field.

Only happens when I'm using FT8 (which I do very seldom).

Pretty sure it is related to the FTx modes, but not sure ... or I can't shake my gray matter loose to properly remember.

AHA - I did a search and got some additional information from an earlier post about such spots. Take a look at this thread:

https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php? ... ted#p36397
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
PD5JOS
Novice Class

Post by PD5JOS »

Hello Nolan,

Thanks for the suggestion with the Tickbox in the HRDLOG.NET setup, that solved my problem. Don't think many OM does know this, is see many station with no SPotter on the cluster in Log4OM, must be the same issue they have.

Verry happy with this,
73, Jos de PD5JOS