Moving SQL Lite database to the cloud

g3yiq
Novice Class

Moving SQL Lite database to the cloud

Post by g3yiq »

When I originally set up Log4OM I hosted the database on my local computer. I now want to move it to OneDrive so that I can access it from more than one computer. I realise I could export the whole database as an ADIF file, then set up a new one in the cloud, import everything to it and delete the old one, but is there a simpler way?
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Moving SQL Lite database to the cloud

Post by DF5WW »

Have you tried to copy the complete database into a place of your OneDrive folder and change the
link to the database in your Log4OM settings ? That should be the easiest way.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

g3yiq wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 09:18 When I originally set up Log4OM I hosted the database on my local computer. I now want to move it to OneDrive so that I can access it from more than one computer. I realise I could export the whole database as an ADIF file, then set up a new one in the cloud, import everything to it and delete the old one, but is there a simpler way?
Just copy the sqlite file to your cloud storage then in File/open (New) database navigate to the new location and open it followed by Save and apply.

Be aware that using OneDrive may require you to rum Log4OM as an administrator due to the Microsoft security system.
73 Terry G4POP
g3yiq
Novice Class

Post by g3yiq »

Thanks, Terry. That's a little more elegant!
73 Bob