Cluster Color Speed

WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Cluster Color Speed

Post by WB8ASI »

When stations pop up on the cluster screen, if it is a "Station Worked" it shows my desired color (cyan) immediately. However it takes 2 minutes (and sometime many minutes) to trigger my "Worked Same Band + Mode" and change it to my desired color (black). This is nothing new, but just wondering if there is someway I can speed things up. If it's a station my log is telling me I want, I find myself going to Worked before listing to check before jumping too fast. Would be nice to let the Cluster Color tell me quickly if it's a new one. Thanks, Herb WB8ASI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Color Speed

Post by G4POP »

Log4OM Version number?

How many QSO's in your log?

Specification of PC?

Location of log file?
73 Terry G4POP
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Log4OM Version number?

How many QSO's in your log?

Specification of PC?
Dell LapTop XPS 13 9370
Processor 1.80 GHz
RAM 16.0 GB
64-bit
Win 10

Location of log file?
OneDrive (guess I start looking here?)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Your the second person this week with a database on onedrive reporting slowness, try relocating the database to your hard drive or even Google drive, I suspect Microsoft security tightening up Onedrive access.
73 Terry G4POP
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Hi Terry,
I've been trying a little detective work to share with you incase it helps identify of delay problem:

1) I moved my log file from OneDrive back to my hard drive, but didn't see a noticeable improvement.

2) I shut off GridTracker and my browser and email. All that is running is LOG4OM, WSJT-X, and JTAlert.

3) The "Station worked" cluster color appears properly immediately when the spot appears.

4) The "Station worked" color changes to "Station worked same band", "Station worked same mode", and "Station worked same band mode" after several minutes. (Have not seen and examples of "Station worked with mode type? Also, the delayed color updates come in batches....Example: Just now, Those stations worked (with original color) from 2154-2157 UTC updated to proper indicating same band, mode, and band/mode at 2158. Then the next batch of those stations worked 2157-2203 all updated at same time of 2205.

I've always had a lag isnupdating the colors, but seems it's really starting to drag. JTAlert is immediate so I can see my status with the station when I actually receive the decode. The cluster throws you off with the excessive delay. Thanks, and if you want me to try something, I'm ready. Thanks, Herb. 73 WB8ASI
WB8ASI
Advanced Class

Post by WB8ASI »

Terry.....Progress Update:

Noticed today that some of my "B/M NOT WORKED" and "WORKED" were changing colors back and forth as the cluster would update. So something appears to be really struggling. I get my cluster input from CCUser via VE7CC-1 which I filter to spotters only in my home State of MI, and adjacent states ie. OH, IN, IL, WI, and ON so as not to overload myself. I use then use LOG4OM to filter "Hide worked" but "Keep bands" and "Keep mode on band". So the cluster list I'm actually viewing is not very long. I had my "cluster max age" set for 60min. I'm guessing it has to process all 60min of spots in the background for each cluster update (every few seconds)? I changed the max age to 20min, and have seen a very noticeable improvement. 73, Herb WB8ASI