Label Print No Lookup

k9bm
Novice Class

Label Print No Lookup

Post by k9bm »

Fairly new to Log4OM and still trying to wrap my head around QSL management. But I am trying to get label printing and I'm not getting any callsign lookup info on the selected callsign(s)--all it says is "NO DATA FOUND." I try clicking on all four of the data providers (HamQTH, QRZ.com, QRZCQ, Hamcall), each click returns a brief "[LABEL PRINT] CALLSIGN search complete" and then in the lower left corner is a red notice "NO DATA FOUND." This has got to be a stupid operator error on my part, but I'm lost. Help?

73....Brad K9BM
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Label Print No Lookup

Post by G4POP »

Not the QSL manager you should be using 'Label print' see the user guide page 110
73 Terry G4POP
k9bm
Novice Class

Post by k9bm »

I was using label print, but I don't know how to post a screen shot on the forum. Here's a link though: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDcGDuM3hUFUnEMV6
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

What data source are you using, QRZ etc?
73 Terry G4POP
k9bm
Novice Class

Post by k9bm »

Yes, I have accounts with every data source listed in the external sources section of the setup, including an XML account with QRZ.com.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Does the normal lookup work OK and show the grid reference and have you entered your API key correctly in the Program config/external services/QRZ tab?
73 Terry G4POP
k9bm
Novice Class

Post by k9bm »

Hmmm, actually no, it doesn't. So far I've only used Log4OM with WSJT-Z so I haven't entered any manual contacts. But I tested it and it only gives me the country or, if a US callsign, the state. So I guess that's where I need to start troubleshooting. I can't imagine what I have configured wrong, again I have every tab populated with a user account and password under external services in the configuration screen....
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k9bm wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 23:26 Hmmm, actually no, it doesn't. So far I've only used Log4OM with WSJT-Z so I haven't entered any manual contacts. But I tested it and it only gives me the country or, if a US callsign, the state. So I guess that's where I need to start troubleshooting. I can't imagine what I have configured wrong, again I have every tab populated with a user account and password under external services in the configuration screen....
Brad,

Check your connections to QRZ or HamQTH on the Info Providers tab in the Configuration. You need to tap the little buttons on the right side to "test & verify" your connections. If you get those working you will then starting seeing data in many places in Log4OM-2

How do you like Big Timber? I was born/raised in Plentywood and we had a farm SE of Outlook ... many long years ago for me in the '50s.
Attachments
Info-Providers.JPG
Info-Providers.JPG (35.69 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
k9bm
Novice Class

Post by k9bm »

Sigh. I missed that section entirely, I only configured the External Services section. Needless to say, when I entered the (same) info in Info Providers, it magically started to work. Mea culpa, I thought I had RTFM but obviously I read too fast. I'm grateful for the hand holding!

As for Big Timber, it's just about the windiest place in Montana, so much so that I can't operate high power on the 20-10 meter bands on some days because my log periodic SWR varies so much with the winds! Otherwise, it's not a bad place to be at least six month out of the year. In the winter we stay in Arizona and I operate my station remotely! Thanks again for the help!

73....Brad K9BM