Radio, Log4OM, WSJT-X not working together

AI6OI
Novice Class

Radio, Log4OM, WSJT-X not working together

Post by AI6OI »

They were working together but something has changed and I don't know what. My Flex 5000 was talking with both Log4OM and WSJT-X. When I clicked to change bands in WSJT-X, my radio and Log4OM would change bands. Now my radio will talk to one but not both. When I have all three programs running either Log4OM is off line and WJST-X works and changes bands or Log4OM is on line and I cannot change bands using WJST-X. This all started after I started playing with Fldigi. I tried 2 installations trying to get Fldigi to work both times it caused more problems and I decided to delete Fldigi from my computer. I have also had WSJT-X give me the error message "can not connect to Omnirig". So going back to factory defaults may not fix the problem.
Any suggestions?

AI6OI
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Radio, Log4OM, WSJT-X not working together

Post by DF5WW »

Please check the "Run as Administrator" Box in Omnirig and the other Softwares. (See the Preferences box if you use the right mouse key on each .exe) All must "Run as Administrator" or Omnirig can´t use it´s multithreading.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
AI6OI
Novice Class

Post by AI6OI »

Radio, Log4OM, Omnirig and WJTS-X all set to run as administrators. WJTS-X will not connect to Omnirig according to the error message. In the User Guide on page 202 it mentions WSJT-X should have a UDP port or 2237 on page 206 it shows UDP server port as 2333. I have tried both and it did not help. Which one should I use when I get this working again? Other than that all the inputs/settings are the same as shown in the User Guide. I don't know if it makes a difference but I read someplace that the only thing I need in the UDP inbound is JT-Message 2237 WSJT_Direct.

Before I take the extreme measure and delete the program and re-install it does anyone have any suggestions.

AI6OI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Re installing will not help

UDP settings do not affect CAT control

What radio?
Log4OM version number (Help/about)?
What other software is running at the same time as Log4OM?
73 Terry G4POP
AI6OI
Novice Class

Post by AI6OI »

It's a Flex 5000. The strange thing about this is that it was all working together until I tried to install the Fldigi software and make that work. I have since deleted everything I could find relating to Fldigi.

Here are my settings. See if you see anything.

Flex to Omni-Rig comport 11- 12
Log4OM
Cat Management
Settings
Cat Engine = Omnirig
Cat auto-start = On
Invert SSB side CW = On
Invert SSB side Digital = On
Switch to Digital mode = On
Omnirig Disconnect Cat at first off =On
Hamlib = TCP Connect to active HamLib = Not On
(Note Used parameter string in green and Cat Status is connected.)

Software Connections
UDP JT-Message 2237 WSJT-Direct is in inbound connections and is checked. (Only program in the box)
UDP_Outbound ADIF_Message 2249 Log4OM

Applications WSJT-X Import QSO from Jt Message #13 checked enabled.

WSJT-X
Radio = Omnirig 1 (Tried Omnirig 2 but that did not make a difference.)
PTT = CAT
Mode = Data PKT
Split = Fake it
UDP Server 121.0.0.1
Secondary
Server = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2333
Enable ADIF Broadcast not checked.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Selecting Omnirig but editing your settings in Hamlib won't work they are two different apps.

Try following the set up instructions in our user guide
73 Terry G4POP
AI6OI
Novice Class

Post by AI6OI »

Hi Terry, I am still stumped. The Flex 5000 works with Log4OM, I can change the band and frequencies. I am using VspMgr to setup comports from my radio to Omnirig. Add WJST-X to the mix and when I click on test CAT I get "Rig Failure, Failed to Start OmniRig com server". As I mentioned earlier the Flex 5000 is configured to run as an administrator, Log4OM is running as administrator, Ominrig is running as an administrator and WJTS-X is also set to run as an administrator.

Correct me if I am wrong. Radio to Omnirig (comport to comport), Log4OM Cat Engine = Omnirig, WSJT-X Rig = Omnirig Rig 1. Without taking into account logging this configuration should enable WSJT-X to communicate with the radio to change bands and let it know what frequency both the radio and WSJT-X are on. You mentioned earlier that UDP does not matter for CAT control. If these settings are wrong what should they be?

I tried going back to factory defaults and that didn't change anything. I think my last option is to uninstall both Log4OM and Omnirig and try again unless you can think of something else. If you didn't see anything wrong with my settings in the prior message than it has to be the software and somehow it become corrupted, probably when I was trying to get Fldigi to work. I could never get that program to work, don't know why I thought I could now.

AI6OI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Re-installing will not help you

You must set up Omnirig to work with the VSP properly as detailed in the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
AI6OI
Novice Class

Post by AI6OI »

Finally got it working! This is going to put the joy back into the hobby. Next thing to work on is the Winkeyer.
Tnx
AI6OI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

AI6OI wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 21:15 Finally got it working! This is going to put the joy back into the hobby. Next thing to work on is the Winkeyer.
Tnx
AI6OI
So what was the problem?
73 Terry G4POP