Cloud database issue

n5if
Advanced Class

Cloud database issue

Post by n5if »

I have multiple PCs all pointing to Google drive. I have a laptop that has an SQLite DB on the local drive not the cloud.

I want to move this laptop to the cloud- but have hit a wall.

On the laptop I want to move to the cloud, I go to database in settings - Do I create a NEW database that points to the cloud folder?

I tried this and got the message that the SQLite DB already exists (on the cloud) and do I want to replace it........I cancel out at that time.

Do I need to going into the files of the laptop and just delete the existing DB first?

Am confused at this point. Any suggestions?

Greg
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cloud database issue

Post by G4POP »

Dont delete anything unless your sure that you have a secure backup

Easiest way is to copy the existing sqlite file to a location on the cloud and then in Log4OM use File/open/new database to just locate and open that database that you just moved
73 Terry G4POP
n5if
Advanced Class

Post by n5if »

I'm still struggling with this.

I have 2 PCs that point to the same SQLite DB on the cloud. I have a new dedicated PC for digital modes, and want it to point to that same SQLite DB on the cloud so that all PCs are in sync (it works fine on the first 2 PCs).

When I am configuring the new PC and select DB - I steer it to the cloud location where I would think it would point and select my existing SQLite DB - but the program is asking if I wish to replace the existing SQLite DB - I do not - I just want the new PC to utilize and add too the existing DB on the cloud.

Am I just missing a step that allows me to just point the new PC to the existing DB and let it use that OR do I need to REMOVE what is on the cloud - then with the new PC - create that DB again - with the same name - and once done - take my full SQLite DB that has existed for years and copy it back??

Greg
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Which cloud database are you using?
73 Terry G4POP
n5if
Advanced Class

Post by n5if »

Google Drive
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

And it's fully installed on all Pc's?
73 Terry G4POP
n5if
Advanced Class

Post by n5if »

Yes it is. I can drill down on all PCs to see the SQLite location of my DB.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like an authority issue, is everything being run with administrator privileges?
73 Terry G4POP
n5if
Advanced Class

Post by n5if »

I have no issue saving to the cloud, and if I wished, Log4OM will ask if I want to replace the existing DB......I tell it no. I can also create another SQLite file on Google Drive with no issue. I just am not allowed to select the existing DB for use by the new PC - it will only allow me to replace it.