Flitering DX spots

k2jf
Novice Class

Flitering DX spots

Post by k2jf »

Well, I've been studying the user guide and really enjoying this program. Makes operating more fun.
So the thing is this: I have a modest station in NYC. 100 watts and a 20m dipole up 85 feet. All I'm interested in is chasing cw dx to Europe on my free afternoons. I have the Ve7CC cluster as the only one on my list right now. Looking at the filters I have CW and 20 M checked. Then my two choices are either spot origin NA or spot origin EU. When I have it set for spot origin from NA I see both NA and DX. and when I have spot origin from EU the reporters are from Europe but the stations they're spotting are from EU and from NA. How do I get see only EU spots from spot reporters who are in NA?
N1FG
Advanced Class

Re: Flitering DX spots

Post by N1FG »

Hi Phil -

What you need to do is specify to whichever cluster you are listening to to ignore DX from K. (Something like "SET/FILTER DXCTY/REJECT K" - I use CC User so not sure of your exact situation).

GL!

de Larry N1FG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

k2jf wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 20:33 Well, I've been studying the user guide and really enjoying this program. Makes operating more fun.
So the thing is this: I have a modest station in NYC. 100 watts and a 20m dipole up 85 feet. All I'm interested in is chasing cw dx to Europe on my free afternoons. I have the Ve7CC cluster as the only one on my list right now. Looking at the filters I have CW and 20 M checked. Then my two choices are either spot origin NA or spot origin EU. When I have it set for spot origin from NA I see both NA and DX. and when I have spot origin from EU the reporters are from Europe but the stations they're spotting are from EU and from NA. How do I get see only EU spots from spot reporters who are in NA?
If your using VE7CC then you need to download the VE7CC CCuser software and set up filters in that software to reject and accept calls as you require.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (188.52 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
73 Terry G4POP
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

Hi Terry

need your help still. I downloaded the ve7cc program and tried setting filters. I'm looking for the simplest thing: how to see spotting stations in NA that are spotting DX stations on 20 and 40.. that's it. I looked through everything and still see reporters from the US which is what I want but too many of the stations that they're spotting are also in the US!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

k2jf wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 21:23 Hi Terry

need your help still. I downloaded the ve7cc program and tried setting filters. I'm looking for the simplest thing: how to see spotting stations in NA that are spotting DX stations on 20 and 40.. that's it. I looked through everything and still see reporters from the US which is what I want but too many of the stations that they're spotting are also in the US!
Pass spots spotted only from NA

and

Reject DX Spots in NA

So your saying I only want to see DX that was spotted by a spotter in NA but I do not want to see any DX Spots in NA which results in DX spots from outside NA that were spotted by a spotter in NA only being displayed.

Dont forget to sent the filter once selected
73 Terry G4POP
W4GHV
Advanced Class

Post by W4GHV »

I use CC user and set the filters to my liking and in the ve7cc cluster link put sh MYDX instead of sh DX.
W4GHV
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV