Missing ClubLog update with imported adif

IK4OMU
Novice Class

Missing ClubLog update with imported adif

Post by IK4OMU »

Hi all,
when I input the QSOs from Log4OM interface then the ClubLog data is updated while when I import an adif file, generated from a contest software, the ClubLog data isn't updated. It seems like data had not sent to ClubLog. What I'm doing wrong?
Thank you
73 - Maurizio IK4OMU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Missing ClubLog update with imported adif

Post by G4POP »

We dont upload an incoming ADIF to Clublog because unlike LOTW and eqsl the incoming ADIF carries no information to tell us which QSO's might already have been uploaded or have not been uploaded - Clublog sent status is not included.

But it is very easy for you to upload manually from the QSL manager and takes only seconds
73 Terry G4POP
IK4OMU
Novice Class

Post by IK4OMU »

Thank you Terry, meanwhile I found a your video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cthCCVwkXg
which explain how to use QSL Manager to upload manually the QSOs
73 - Maurizio IK4OMU
ZL2UB
Novice Class

Post by ZL2UB »

But you can get matched QSO details from clublog, using the clublog API key, would this not be the same thing??
Dave
ZL2UB
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Clublog does not have an API Key. The only known service with and API is qrz.com but it
only works if you are a xml subscriber.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
ZL2UB
Novice Class

Post by ZL2UB »

I really hate disagreeing with people, but clublog DOES have an api key. I know this because I have one.

There are quite a number of things you can do with an API key - here's the documentation:

https://clublog.freshdesk.com/a/solutio ... ers/100474
Dave
ZL2UB
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

What i mean is an API for Clublog in the Log4OM configuration. There is only one for qrz.com.

1.png
1.png (19.01 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
2.png
2.png (20.83 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
ZL2UB
Novice Class

Post by ZL2UB »

yes agreed about log40m, but that doesn't mean something can't be written.

I have actually written an update for this, which is I know is a waste of time, but I did it just to prove I could.
Dave
ZL2UB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ZL2UB wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 02:51 But you can get matched QSO details from clublog, using the clublog API key, would this not be the same thing??
Problem is not the Clublog API key it is because at this time there is no ADUF field for Clublog so we cannot know from the imported ADIF if there has been an upload to Clublog or not so rather than create duplicate uploads which would result in many email warnings from Clublog to the user about dupes we dont do an upload on ADIF import.

Most programs record a clublog upload in a PROGRAM DEFINED ADIF field but there is no standard for them to use in their exported ADIF so the data is recorded in many different ways for us to decipher.
73 Terry G4POP