JTDX/JTAlert double logging

kd7mw
Advanced Class

JTDX/JTAlert double logging

Post by kd7mw »

I've had JTDX/JTAlert and Log4OM 2.18 working nicely together for some time. I just upgraded to the latest JTDX v.2.2.158. This requires a "clean install" and manual reconfiguration. I've somehow managed to end up with two Log4OM log entries for each QSO. Note that:
1. I do NOT have the Log4OM check box for Message #12 enabled. (software integration/applications/wsjt-x / jtdx)
2. I unchecked the box for "Enable ADIF Monitor (software integration/Adif functions/ADIF monitor)
But I'm still getting two log entries in Log4om for each QSO. Any idea what else can cause this?

Thanks!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: JTDX/JTAlert double logging

Post by G4POP »

clearly your logging from JTAlert as well as using UDP to log direct from JTDX to Log4OM - Suggest you start from scratch and follow our user guide
73 Terry G4POP
kd7mw
Advanced Class

Re: JTDX/JTAlert double logging

Post by kd7mw »

Thanks, Terry. I think I figured out what happened. But it prompted me to do something I've been thinking about for some time. I uninstalled JTAlert and reconfigured Log4OM to work with JTDX "direct." Much simpler, fewer things to break with every other upgrade of any of three programs. Now I have a single Log4OM configuration that works for JTDX, WSJT-X and FLDigi.

JTAlert makes it easier to see what is happening on a crowded band when using WSJT-X. But JTDX does much of that on its own. The only real benefit I was getting from JTAlert lately was to quickly see the U.S. state of all the American hams in the passband. I can live without that.